Swifty

CMF_Family Hack

» CMF Member
Here is Swifty with bolt on cold air intake and new rear exhaust tips coupled to a Remus full flow muffler.
Certainly a bit more get up and go and Swifty now has a rumble out the back plus some induction noise.
No where near all the great noises Hack makes but its a start.

CMF_Family Hack

» CMF Member
Nothing like bolt on aftermarket performance bits.
Took me about 20 minutes to rip all the original stuff off and bolt on the cold air intake.
Funny reckon I can improve it even furthet with a bit of stainless steel work. Here we go, here we go.

cisco

» CMF Member
Exactly - here we go all over again!!!

I wonder what this car will be like in 3 years time.. Probably running 3 superchargers and a pair of wings.

But noticed the massive improvement in quality (i.e. that carbon fibre looking intake) compared to all the basic crap available to us on the micra 5-10 years ago. Technology is definitely kicking in.

CMF_Family Hack

» CMF Member
I keep looking at the aftermarket bolt on tubro kit complete for $5k.
Mark who owns the Suzuki website and sells all the bolt on goodies ( hey micragirl he is in Caloundra so not far to travel and pick up a few things)tells me that the "trial" Sports model has been running around for over 6 months, everything stock standard apart from bigger injectors and pulls over 130kw.
I will wait a while and see how it lasts.
Maybe never go this way and will wait for the new improved extractors and have already asked him about a lightweight flywheel.
THe cold air intake is carbon fibre and very neat how the pod filter fits on the inside.
I think that turbo job has your name all over it micragirl !!

CMF_Family Hack

» CMF Member
Mk.2 version of the cold air intake. The checker plate in front now covers the radiator cap. Lot of heat from this area and sits more or less in front of the intake which to me was not ideal.Only problem have to unscrew to get at radiator cap but how often will that happen.
Also a piece of stainless steel bolted to the front cross piece just in front of the intake and extends under the intake to deflect heat from the radiator hose which is directly underneath.Have also wrapped the radiator hose.
Cold air a bit of a joke over here at the moment. Most days on the way home outside air temp well over 30 degree C.Best I have seen on my car readout has been 42 degree C.
Tell you what Hacks temp gauge never goes above the halfway mark.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
nice job.
wow so hot for you guys there.
you must notice a big difference in performance when your winter comes.
only gets normal of 20 - 25 degress in summer in uk.

Back