Suzuki Alto

Turtle

Ex. Club Member
Hi guys,

Managed to get someone to give us a free Suzuki alto to take to Mongolia!!

Not quite a Micra as I'd hoped for, but its free so I can't complain. But, is it going to be any good? :S

I havnt seen it yet, but I understand its a late 80's Automatic, 800cc...

I think auto might be no good for going off road in but maybe im wrong.

Has anyone had any Alto-native experiances with this car? I can't find much info online so I turn to your advice!

Cheerrs,

i drove one before but frankly they're horrible. your k10 would feel like a maybach in comparison.

but if its free, cant complain! but why mongolia?

i would advise against taking a auto to such extreme terrains!! Imagine being jammed somewhere and needing to rev through the gears or something auto will just get stuck!!

Then again it is jap and probably will make it there and back and then some!!!

hmm, a friend of mine had an alto. It was a pretty good drive actually (well, no comfort at all, same goes for power). But still, he treated the car pretty badly but it just kept on running. Wasn't an automatic though.
But we sure had fun in that little car making the streets unsafe lol :)

thanks for the comments guys, we're gonna bear all this in mind and the main argument against the alto is the auto box. I hope our "sponsor" doesnt take it too badly if we tell him to go find us another car...

Sorry I didn't explain it all that well, the website is www.turtleracing.co.uk and I'd love to take a Micra, but added to the costs of the trip, money is a problem.

I spoke to someone who did it last year. All 4 shocks on the K10 micra they had broke on the journey along with other bits. Make sure you've got plenty of spares for this alto! The auto box sounds very risky, but i dont know much about these cars generally!

Good luck though!! i considered doing it so lots of pictures and updates on the trip would be interesting to see :)

But we sure had fun in that little car making the streets unsafe lol :)

driving like an arse by the sounds of it fwn

errrrrrr............ i think you gonna get stick for that comment lol!
Guess you were right.
driving like an arse by the sounds of it fwn
Well holy cows, it was a joke guys.
Mind you, to explain because apperantly its needed: My friend is a nice guy, but he can't drive at all. But we always had fun in the car going where ever (with me ready to jump out any moment because I was scared :D).
And I never drive like an arse just to clear that up.

raceworx will back me up here, his friend roger has a 1.1 manual alto and that thing flies :eek: so if its anything to go by i cant see it being a bad thing. give it a "sly" FULL service before you go :D

yeah his is a 54 plate though and yes it does fly.. would leave pritty much most micras on this site for dead.. all it has is a filter and cat ack exhuast..

Hmmm well the dude should be phoning us today (but he's not very good at that) so we'll find out exactly what its looking like soon.

Will keep you posted on our car hunting efforts.

Back