SuperChips Racing Icon

CMF_Dr. Nokia

» CMF Member
Hi All.

A bit off topic BUT I need some advice.

I have a superchips racing Icon unit on ebay for the nissan sunny 1.6.

I wanna know if it will fit into my almera 1.6 but aint too sure - the seller has told me that the super chip is from an N15 1.6 Sunny with injection (I read up that this is the same engine as my N15 Almera 1.6 - the GA16DE) BUT there is another varient of Sunny - the N14 1.6 which is carburettor and rated @ 122bhp - the engine model is CA16DE not a GA16DE. also I wanted to know if it will fit / work - then will it need to be remapped? the seller says no as its from the same spec engine GA16DE but I need some help first please.

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
THe carby n14 1.6L would be the GA16S (if its SOHC, it is a DS if its a DOHC). The carby GA was single point injection so it DOES have an ecu. Not much you can do for more power in these models though.

Dare i say the chip will work in your multipoint EFI almera - but its probably not worth the money.

As I've said before, the best value for money upgrade you can do is get your hands on a VTC head from Japan with a japanese wiring loom and an ECU!

You'll be one of the fastest 1.6L almeras out there - and you'll have the best induction note by far. :p

CMF_Dr. Nokia

» CMF Member
I have checked the engine models and dates etc - the Nissan Sunny 1.6 L reg (1993) had a GA16DE engine and was rated @ 100bhp - where as the older DOHC engine was carb and 122bhp.

My engine is the GA16DE 99bhp (I was told the power difference is nothing - this is becuase of the slight weight increase on the almera compared to the sunny).

Will keep you all posted - should be here tusday.

Back