Installing Racing Medallion EX Muffler

CMF_malindags

» CMF Member
Hi,
I recently bough a Racing Medallion EX Muffler for my Micra K11. What I though was to remove the pre-silencer and the stock muffler but to keep the catalyst converter as it is and fix the new racing muffler to the tail.
If I remove the pre-silencer, will it harm the catalyst converter?
Also please advice me if the way I thought to fix the racing muffler is not correct.

Thanks,
-Malinda

CMF_w8upforme

» CMF Member
You want to get rid of the presilencer as well??
It's one hell of a noise for everyday use, well if you use a 2" system cat back that is???
Been in a few that only had the rearsilencer in place and sounds really awesome, but I decided to keep the presilencer as I it is quite some noise if you spend 2 hours a day in the car in trafficjams....

CMF_malindags

» CMF Member
Currently i have the OEM pre-silencer and the OEM cat inline and a straight through racing barrel instead of the stock muffler. I do not get any deep racing tones from those. That's why I decided to remove the pre-silencer as well. Any way my racing barrel has a lid where I can close it down anytime and run as a stock muffler. Any further thoughts on this?

CMF_li'l missy

» CMF Member
my boyfriend is an exhaust technician and says that with the cannon muffler being the only silencer in the system you will have to leave the resignator in the system otherwise it will drone terribly unless at high revs, then it will bark....

you best bet would be to get the pipe work remade from the catalytic converter in 2 inch with a barrel type resignator (commonly known as a boomer) in the middle.

CMF_w8upforme

» CMF Member
You can retain the stock presilencer as well, but just be aware that from the cat back, you will have a very tiny exhaust diameter into the presilencer (so cutting performance), and a bigger diameter out of the silencer..
so would probably not gain much there then....
I would replace complete exhaust from the cat back for max performance, and replace pre silencer while you are at it with a RVS one as well, worked perfect for my brothers car...
(10bhp over standard with just a new exhaust fitted, no other mods done)
K11 1.4 from 82 to 91.8 bhp, so definitely worth it...

Back