Supercharging?

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
Wondering if any of you guys have supercharged a 1.0L K11?

Thinking of using the Eaton M45 Supercharger, apparently it's designed for 2-3L engines, but I'm led to believe it will run also from a 1.0L and is also the same supercharger as the Mini Cooper S?

Chie was looking into doing this, with the same charger. But think he gave up due to cost...

Good luck :)

I looked at it with chie.. from the loks of the documents he sent me it looked asif the supercharger when mounted on the engine side of the drive belts would spin the wrong way :( and not be ver effitient,

as regards to running of a 1.0 superchargers will run off any engine, displacment isnt an issue like it is a turbo but power is as a turbo charger requires power to turn it so a supercharger that is big enough to push enough Air for 400+BHP will rob somwhere around 40BHP in actually getting the thing to move. the eaton on a mini S is only a small super charger so will have a small mass to spin so wont rob nearly as much as that :)

I understand the basic principles of how each system works (Super charge and turbo charge) But you lost me with it. So you saying that it will take around 40bhp to actually turn the Supercharger? but the Mini S is only small so takes less power to turn it?

yeah mate its all about size and drag inside the mechanicals of the supercharger a huge Eaton mounted on top of a chevy V8 with internals big enough to flow 400+ BHP is heavy and requires a fair aount of force ( BHP is juast a measure of fource just like tourqu) to actually turn it. its like Aircon with it on you get less miles to the gallon as the car has to turn the A/C pump which uses extra force.

superchargers on top fuel dragsters can rob asmuch as a couple of hundred BHP from the flywheel..

yeah theyll be no problem with it mate... it should be fine depends how much power it gives personaly id spend the cash on a 1.3 conversion first then start from there :)

If your going for the american supercharger then like the americans say "no replacment for displacment" :p

im kind of interested in the supercharger/turbo charger idea too. My normal car is a Bora TDi. I love the kick it gives.

The 1.6 micra is pretty damn quick...given its completely stripped out too...but you know what its like... you always want more!! Anybody have any ideas the best way to go? the trouble being of course that there is limited space already in the engine bay!!

Its not gonna be summat i rush and do 2m but over a year or so there may be some money going aside!!!

anyone have their views on what type/make etc??

JK

the GA16DE is incredably tuneable mate and you can buy everything you need for turboing one from Jim wolf tchnologies in the states have a look on the nissan rimera or almera owners groups there are turbo kits out there that would only need anit of modding to suit the micra theres alot of space in them there enginebays :)

Yes sunny or Racing demon as he was formaly known before being kicked off has one on his march and i have seen it!! so the clainms were true. its a mk1 MR2 charger it was a good install but i belive its gone now.

the supercharger needs to run the other way :) but its belt driven so theres no way to spin it round without great hassel

What about the funny cogs with a smaller one on the inner?

belt to bigger one, gear on the smaller one with a bigger gear on outer. Superchargers belt to the bigger of the 2nd gear?

Alienfish360 said:
What about the funny cogs with a smaller one on the inner?

belt to bigger one, gear on the smaller one with a bigger gear on outer. Superchargers belt to the bigger of the 2nd gear?

Soz mate dont have a clue what your on about :D

its incredibly rare and near impossible to find but i have heard that the supercharger from a k10 superturbo has been fitted to a cg10 engine

Back