Super Turbo on ebay.

Hi thanks for that . I think they only set on fire cause the leads was actually lying on the heat shield . The new ones go up and clear the shield so it should be good now.

This weekend gonna take photo's of the light and engine bay. Then gonna look at the manifold etc. I will have a look at that sensor you mentioned aswell.

Q.. does anyone know the internal diameter of the small hoses looks like 4mm but im not sure thought id ask you guy's cause i don't want to cause any more problems. cheers john.

yep 4, 5 or 6 mm most of them.... keep in mind there is a hose with a restrictor in it, you'll find the diagrams on here... so don't bin them all like i did or you'll lose your restrictor hose!

Not to want to make this worse or anything but I melted a piston due to one of my ignition leads melting against the turbo on my first ST over a prolonged period of time (I'd have never believed it either) but anyway that light is the cat light sensor showing that the exhaust gasses have been running very hot, this causes the over temp sensor to fail and the light come on, on the dash. The sensors are about £120 ish from nissan. They are so crude that I just bypass them (by joining the wires) after this happened as they serve almost no useful purpose, they are also entirely separate from the ecu.

dashboard warning light!!

hi all this is the light i was talking about any body know what it means its the middle light?

here are some pics of the back box i fixed yesterday, then refitted aswell.

Attachments

• 100_10901.jpg
    100_10901.jpg
    474 KB · Views: 303
  • 100_1096.JPG
    100_1096.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 330
  • 100_1102.JPG
    100_1102.JPG
    944.9 KB · Views: 289
yeah it means cat over temp

faulty sensor or your cat actually is rooted

far as i know...

Do you know howto bypass the sensor? I kept my eye on the engine temp when i was driving before this happened and it was fine and the car starts fine so fingers crossed no pistons melted here.

You can not drive the car at all it just won't drive will this sensor make this happen? thanks very much for your time feel like im getting somewhere now.

the only way i know of to bypass sensors like that is to trick the ECU into thinking its operating within range, usually a resistor of some sort will do the trick but i've no idea what value you'd need to do it

chances are its a relatively simple part/interchangable with other nissans but welcome to the mystical world of owning a march ST

I already answered this above, how about you read that? fwn :)

onc youre done playing with the light (i would ignore it for now though)

I would get hold of a compression guage and take readings for each cylinder....if you do have a hole in a piston or a warped/melted piston then more than likely the re will be a low reading on one cylinder.

onc youre done playing with the light (i would ignore it for now though)

I would get hold of a compression guage and take readings for each cylinder....if you do have a hole in a piston or a warped/melted piston then more than likely the re will be a low reading on one cylinder.

I agree with Sammo. . .the light as you've been told a few times has nothing to do with the way its driving its seperate to the ecu.
Compression should be over 100psi on all cylinders,any deviation from that figure means trouble

Hi been down the garage today took off the turbo heat shield and found the nuts are all missing off the turbo manifold.

Also i noticed that this keeps blowing i put a 20amp fuse in and it blew straight away. I have circled it on the picture below. Does anyone know how at speak japanese lol?

I will perform a compression test in the week as my garage is 20 miles away from my house and i will report back the readings i find. cheers john

Attachments

• P1180264.JPG
    P1180264.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 277
  • P1180270.JPG
    P1180270.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 272
  • P1180265.JPG
    P1180265.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 328
Hi been down the garage today took off the turbo heat shield and found the nuts are all missing off the turbo manifold.

Also i noticed that this keeps blowing i put a 20amp fuse in and it blew straight away. I have circled it on the picture below. Does anyone know how at speak japanese lol?

I will perform a compression test in the week as my garage is 20 miles away from my house and i will report back the readings i find. cheers john

That the cat the nuts are missing from!
Why is the hose missing from the turbo outlet? Vacuum hoses look like 3mm.

I had a contact problem with that fuse a while ago and it caused me to have no heating and the exhaust temp light to light up!
A bit of contact cleaner sorted that out but I reckon you have a different problem.

Yeah should give an indication of the condition of the engine

Hi i noticed that the fire melted the wall of the hose so i took it off. i have purchased a hi temp boost hose to replace it.

I sorry to keep asking questions should all these red hoses be 4mm? i found the 1 with the restrictor in it.

All in all its not looking good for this st.

Hi i noticed that the fire melted the wall of the hose so i took it off. i have purchased a hi temp boost hose to replace it.

I sorry to keep asking questions should all these red hoses be 4mm? i found the 1 with the restrictor in it.

All in all its not looking good for this st.

Stupid question here but have you been driving without that hose?Cause the car would'nt move imo?

LET ED SORT THIS OUT,you'll only be throwing money away otherwise

I don't surpose you would like to help me for a day would you? i could pay you well and pick you up and take you back. your 2 hours from me . I don't expect you to go out your way for me.

hi all i did compression test today and the readings and are as follows...

cylinder1 = 125 psi cylinder2 =116 psi cylinder3 = 115psi cylinder4 = 99psi hope its going to be good news for you lot but some how don't think it will be.

hi all i did compression test today and the readings and are as follows...

cylinder1 = 125 psi cylinder2 =116 psi cylinder3 = 115psi cylinder4 = 99psi hope its going to be good news for you lot but some how don't think it will be.

thats not too bad, you did hold the throttle open while testing ?

Hi frank my brother is wth the car now and he said he's tried it again how you said and its the same readings. so do you think this will be ok then?

Do you know what the compression is ment to be when the engine was new? thanks john

Sorry but IMO thats not good enough. This is a turbo engine, and they don't last long when things like this start to happen. That's a serious amount of variation.

Ed

Sorry but IMO thats not good enough. This is a turbo engine, and they don't last long when things like this start to happen. That's a serious amount of variation.

Ed

I hate to be the sceptic (normally Im the over enthusiastic optemist)...BUT

I dont beleive that "exactly the same readings" were acheived the second time around....(cant get that thought straight in my head)....sorry

forgive me for my direct ignorance...but I suspect that the compression test was not repeated with throttle open & all plugs out....I'm gusessing that it was too much fuss to repeat the test??

Are you sure your brother repeated the tests? or did he say "'wont make any difference...just say it was the same"

sorry to be accusing, but on my car I have messed up the compression tests a few times myself and I was really upset about the though of repeating the tests...in the end I had another tennants super strength ,and DID repeat the test(s) and my results were totally different (all readings were higher...and one of my crazy cylinere results came back in range of the others)

my battery sufered from cranking but a top up charge sorted that

any chance you could do one more set of compression tests and a fresh set of results? (do the cylinders in reverse order this time to be sure there's nothing wrong with the test procedure or setup) ..its worth the effort to be sure

Good man Ed.

@frank whats the difference in having the throttle closed or open?It would probably read higher having it open? Cylinder 4 is quite low. . .my reading are between 115-120psi all 1-2psi of each other

I got readings as high as 140psi out of an engine I recently built in the last 6 months for another st

Good man Ed.

@frank whats the difference in having the throttle closed or open?It would probably read higher having it open? Cylinder 4 is quite low. . .my reading are between 115-120psi all 1-2psi of each other

I got readings as high as 140psi out of an engine I recently built in the last 6 months for another st

i think so baz, it,s got to be able to gulp the air in, before it can compress it, eh :)
and the inlet valve timings will have an effect too, eh

Sorry iv'e been a bit quite last few days been busy at work. I've been to the garage all day today been getting things sorted.

The car is now DRIVING!!!! replaced loads of hoses new plugs+ dizzy cap rotor arm tightened all the exhaust up + new gaskets. cut the cat overtemp sensor and joined wires together as ED said and the lights off on the dash now.

I still have this problem with the fuses blowing in pics of the earlier post i sent does anyone know where these is connected to? or what it does this would be very helpful indeed. thanks guys john

Back