Super S Digital Clock

Hello everyone,

The digital clock on the left of the console has gone blank. Has anyone any idea if the clock is blown or is there a chance of a loose connection somewhere?. Any help or suggestions would be greatfully received.

Mny thanks
Mark

Hello everyone,

The digital clock on the left of the console has gone blank. Has anyone any idea if the clock is blown or is there a chance of a loose connection somewhere?. Any help or suggestions would be greatfully received.

Mny thanks
Mark

would be worth checking the connections inside the clocks I guess....

...while I have a Super S owner to ask - does your (did your) clock light up at night? - do you have a petrol low warning light?

Hi mate, thanks for the reply.
When the clock didnt have a back light at night i changed the bulb that sits behind the clock. It was easy enough to do just by removing the rear cover of the console, you dont have to remove the clocks or disconnect the speedo cable etc.
There is a low fuel warning light, it comes on orange near the bottom of the clocks. To be honest we've only ever seen it on a couple of times and the needle has to be consistantly in the red for ages before it comes on.

Hope this helps

Mark

Hmmm, i'll probably sort that tomorrow - I was convinced that I didn't have a petrol warning light!

Any thoughts on how much fuel is left once that light comes on?

I'd say pretty low mate, our light glows dimly for starters then gets brighter as the situation gets more desperate! As above though, the needle has to be virtually on the stop for the light to come on

It's a bit like that i guess!! Probably miles left though!! When you have the back off the dash to change that clock bulb, change the bulb for the fuel light just to make sure it works. I'm sure if you shine a torch across the back of the bulbs you can see what message the bulb lights up.

It's a bit like that i guess!! Probably miles left though!! When you have the back off the dash to change that clock bulb, change the bulb for the fuel light just to make sure it works. I'm sure if you shine a torch across the back of the bulbs you can see what message the bulb lights up.

oooh that's a good idea!

Where abouts is that bulb?

When the fuel warning light comes on there will be about 2 gallons left in the tank. I've done 70 miles with the light on and there were still a few pints left! The tank holds 9¼ gallons (42 litres) but the fuel gauge only registers 7 gallons (32 litres) :)

You can check this when you fill up - see how much you can fit in the tank when the warning light comes on.

As for the clock this is a simple fix, a small capacitor at the bottom of the board leaks and rots through the copper tracks. It just needs a new capacitor and a wire link to bridge the gap in the supply rail. I've already promised someone on here I'll do a guide on repairing it so I'll have a go at doing this tomorrow :)

BG

Slimothy: Forgive me if i'm wrong as this is from memory. If you look at the sonsole under the speedo, to the left you have a battery and oil pressure light. Symetrically to the right of the speedo (across from the battery and oil pressure) you should be able to make out two displays that dont light up. One is for the engine check light (on NATS fitted cars) and the other will be the low fuel light.
Even further to the right you should move onto the main beam warning light. Hope this helps.

BIG101: Big help there with the capacitor, any further info will be gratefully received, many thanks

Mark

Slimothy: Forgive me if i'm wrong as this is from memory. If you look at the sonsole under the speedo, to the left you have a battery and oil pressure light. Symetrically to the right of the speedo (across from the battery and oil pressure) you should be able to make out two displays that dont light up. One is for the engine check light (on NATS fitted cars) and the other will be the low fuel light.
Even further to the right you should move onto the main beam warning light. Hope this helps.

BIG101: Big help there with the capacitor, any further info will be gratefully received, many thanks

Mark

awesome! - will check this out as suggested with a torch shining through the back of the clocks when I change my clock bulb at the weekend (Y)

Sorry to drag up an old thread. I've took the clocks out of the dash but i'm looking for guidance from anyone on how to get into the unit to get at the digital clock itself?

Many thanks

Mark

Back