Super S Bumper Brackets ----------

Hiya guys, i have a front Super S Bumper to fit soon, what i wanna ask is would it fit on my M reg (1995) with the same brackets that are currently on my front standard bumper? or would i need special brackets to fit the Super S bumpers?

Cheers

J

Fog lights are at the bottom side of each brackets arnt they? if so i cant see a problem for clearance e.t.c., i may be wrong is someone knows and can correct me!

Cheers

J

You need the brackets made for the bumper or cut the corners off your original ones

Hi stani1029, when you mean cut the corners, meaning the original brackets i have on my original bumpers? are there any links to pictures etc showing this, as im not all clued up in this and dont wanna destroy a set brackets then only to find out im driving around without a front bumper looking for a set of brackets to replace what ive destroyed LOOOL

Or if anyone has any for sale which maybe easier?

Cheers

J

cut the corners of what bracket? the ones I fitted 3 times now were just a straight bolt on job, super s bumpers are just deeper than standard the top section of the bumper is exactly the same as a standard one.

standard bumper
micrab1.jpg

super s bumper
PICT0060.jpg

and im sure when i fitted it the brackets were missing so I used the ones off the micra shape without any cutting

Regular pods won't be able to host foglight, you need to have the pod like the one on the right of the picture (even if there is written SR on the left one, those are regular):
24wy0yg.jpg

Kennie I think you already had the Super S pods on you car, they are able to host regular bumpers and Super S bumpers, but regular pods can only host regular bumpers.
I've noticed that some K11 with painted regular bumpers and lot of options already had Super S brackets, but K11 with plastic bumpers and no options only had regular pods, maybe Nissan thought that people buying low cost Micra would never fit a Super S bumpers, like they did for the poor loom wiring of low cost models.

Who could guess that in 2011 some crazy people like us would want to do such things :p

I fitted it to the micra shape r reg bog standard, and the super s bumpers I remember had no brackets with them so I just used what I had, maybe I was lucky who knows but if you do have to cut or grind corner its no biggy it would take all of 2 mins

Yes it would be much easier than finding Super S pods, just recquire some tools to grind the metal and a second pair of regular pods bought in a scrapyard.

brackets arnt near spots there above so why the hole as I said I fitted bumper with black plastic bumper brackets overlap pics and see for your self, you can see in first pic the mounting holes and there above spots
PICT0017.jpg

IMGP0377.jpg

Thanks guys its more clearer now, as i aint sure whats lurking behind my bumper and bear in mind it was only an L model bog bloody standard that a granny would only drive for what its worth and for what ive done to it i dont think i would take a chance wasting time taking the front bumper off to only find that the brackets are a no go then re-fitting it all back again, so i reckon getting hold of named bumper brackets for the bumpers are the way to go to be sure its fitted that day the bumper is taken off!

Cheers guys you have been helpfull..

P.S. im also after the plastic cover piece that covers the tow eye which is situated under the left hand fog light in th pic above if anyone has for sale??

J

I know what you mean, I've also experienced the half day wasted to remove stock front bumper, try to fit Super S bumper, notice that you can't, and ending to fit back the stock bumper. Salty day...

I know what you mean, I've also experienced the half day wasted to remove stock front bumper, try to fit Super S bumper, notice that you can't, and ending to fit back the stock bumper. Salty day...

Which is why id rather risk me self buying a set of brackets knowing im definetly fitting the bumpers, and who knows i may have these brackets on my bumpers already and dont even know it!! but not taking the strip down risk on them to find out its all going back on!!

:grinning:

J

Check your Super S bumpers, if you don't have those brackets, ask someone to chop regular brackets so they look like the one on the right on my picture

Hi seb, there are no brackets on my super s bumpers, the regular brackets would look like the one on the picture left hand side? what do i need to chop off? i can do it myself ive got the tools etc!

Below are X2 picture i tool today, if anyone could verify what brackets they are if that helps! - thanks

Picture2.jpg

Picture1.jpg

J

Just need to check before I sell you them, Are these super S brackets? they came off my 94 ss after my crash, when replacing the bumper. (they look rusty but I asure you its just discolouration.)

PICT0014.jpg

PICT0013.jpg

PICT0012.jpg

PICT0011.jpg

PICT0010-1.jpg

They look more like regular pods :
3590hkw.jpg

This is a big mistery, so as Kenny said, you fitted Super S front bumper with regular brackets... I can assure you in my case it was bloody impossible when I first tried, the bumper' plastic surrounding the back of fog lights were blocked by regular pods and bumper coudn't be pushed deeper.

thats weird eh? These are the original that came off my car, the new super s bumper from the scrappies came with a set already attached so i used them, much easier.

Eliot, after inspecting my Super S bumper last night and the shape of the brackets, i cant see the ones you have fitting! the ones in the picture Seb posted with the small cut out slightly half moon shape type is what fits around the foglight to fit snug and the one you have wont fit arounf the foglight so it will be hitting againts the foglight etc.... and my guess that its the same brackets i have on my car currently which is the ones ive posted aswell on this thread....

J

Hi Seb, the Super S brackets Part numbers you have of which i can see in the picture is 62210-47B00 which i think is the Right Hand side, what is the Left Hand side part number please if you know that would help me to order them....

Cheers

J

Back