sunroof issues

Auzzam

Buy & Sell Member
does anyone know how to get to the sunroof from within the car, as it has seized up and half open, like what panels etc, do i have to remove? any help greatly appreciated.

Just the rooflining, then there are about 10 bolts that hold the sunroof in - be careful when you are undoing them though as the roof is pretty heavy!

had to swap my sunroof over for a similar problem so:

unbolt EVERYTHING from the roof (handles, sun visors, interior light etc)
take all the piller trim off A, B, and C, you will have issues with B cos the seatbelts are connected to it but its not too hard to undo them.
open the boot and slide the roof carpet towards the front of the car then pull it out the boot.

taking the sunroof off is easy and if you look at it you will see all the bolts needed. one tip, remember which side the roof handle mounts are on cos i got them the wrong way round and had to take it apart again :(

but i would try changing the locking gear at the front that the winder is attached too

good luck let us know how you get on :)

cheers, it seemed that the winder's cogs had snapped meaning there was no way to close it, but after removing it and closing it manually, it went back in perfectly, thanks for the help .

auz

Hi, i have exactly that problem now! i have taken the lining out and could establish that the cog on the winder handle had snapped but i have left it as it is with the lining out as i'm not sure exactly what to do. I don't want to have to resort to going to Nissan and paying a hefty bill.

cheers.

ps. if anyone who could help me is near Chester (cheshire) it would be brilliant.

hi mate, i would advise you to just close the sunroof and put it back together, as i thought my problem was the cog but the railing was also dodgey so i decided to play it safe and not pay a hefty bill for a replacement cog and later find it wasnt the issue, its up to you, whether your happy with the sunroof being closed permenently but i never used to open it, just the once when i was videoing cars lol

Back