Sub-woofer Cabling K12's?

I actually gave up. There are no grommets or openings in the firewall. The bloody thing's airtight :mad:.

i found a gromit in the fire wall, either i squeezed the power cable through there or i ut a slit in the gromit and pushed iit through.

cant remember where about as did it long time ago (5+ years back) but can have a poke tomorrow if you like.

the gromit in which the main wiring loom passes through can be removed and you can slit an extra few mm space to get ur power cable through its behind the battery in the far right hand corner of the engine bay

Yea thats what i did, i heated up the tip of a screwdriver and melted a small hole through the rubber grommet surround, then forced the power cable through.... All together the wiring start to finish took about 1 1/2.... Not too hard really

glad u got it sorted, your lucky uv got a small enough power cable i had to squeeze a 12 gauge power cable through as iv stripped the standard speakers out from the door cards and replaced them with alpine 240w to a 4 channel amp and a kicker 1500w sub and amp in the boot. if uv got the time i advise anyone to do it cus in the micra it sounds amazing! have u put a new headunit in yet? that was tricky for me.

Yea im running a kenwood headunit, standard speakers and a small 10inch sub in the boot.

I find the standard door speakers have enough mid and trebles to keep me happy with the kenwood unit driving them, i use the small sub to deal with most of the bass required and overall the audio quality now is very acceptable

I used a £10, 8 gauge wiring kit of ebay which is spot on

sounds smashin mate, yeah the door speakers were pretty class to be fair but the deaf old lady i bought it off had been blasting radio 4 constantly and they were distorting badly :) goin for a straight thru stainless exhaust this week so stereos gotta be loud to over power the exhaust. n e more stereo troubles mate im ur man.

Back