Inner door handle cable problem

Hi guys ... first post on here so please go easy if I've repeated an old question.

Having already looked around the site and found out to take the door trim off and located the
door cabling on inner door handle I've now checked that the connection on the handle it's self is intact and seems fine. I've visually followed the cable down to where it meets the lock assembly and it is also still attached at this end (cannot see inside lock assembly though). But this is were I lose confidence to get a closer inspection as it SEEMS to be really complicated to remove the assembly unit ..as the window guides are in the way.
Can anyone advise on if I actually do have to remove window etc to get at the lock ?
Even if i can get the lock out is the cable replaceable or factory fitted with the lock assembly.

Car is Micra K12 1.4 sve 2003

Cheers for any advice given :down:

frank

Club Member
that guiderail is removable on most cars avenger (usually a bolt at the bottom somewhere, then pull it down with the window fully up)

OP
OP
A
Thanks for your reply frank.
Do you know with the window fully up, can the runner/guide be removed without removing window ?
Its the thought of removing window and etc that been my worry really as I don't want to mess up the alignment .