can you buy new Keyless ignition barrels for K12 ??

recently had my Nissan Micra k12 recovered to Nissan main dealer as wont start or go into the last ignition clock (so the red light stops flashing)

Nissan have told me the ignition barrels on K12 with keyless entry is no longer available and you cannot buy second hand parts as you cannot re program them

anyone know where i can get my existing ignition barrel repaired?? or any way around this problem

Wouldnt be surprised if your best option is to buy a whole scrap car with keyless for all the components, or just cut your losses, buy another car and just move any nice parts from your current car onto the new car, then scrap it

A used keyless barrel from a donor car will work on another car, if u are using the emergency key to start it will start right up, but if u are using the keyless to start u need to initialize the keyless unit with any tool and off u go.

Sent from my TECNO CF7k using Tapatalk

A used keyless barrel from a donor car will work on another car, if u are using the emergency key to start it will start right up, but if u are using the keyless to start u need to initialize the keyless unit with any tool and off u go.

Sent from my TECNO CF7k using Tapatalk
The emergency key of the new lock wont match the transponder code of the car, the NATS wont disable, the immobiliser will kick in and the car wont start. You would still need to get the key redone