Sub..

nathan.warren69

Ex. Club Member
Hi Guys,

Just wondered, has anyone built subs into there boots? currently i have just a bass box in the boot but it takes up far to much room and gives way to much of a punch for my little car, I still want a sub though so im thinking i will build it into the boot, i am gonna try and make a start this weekend,

I just wondered if anyone had advise or pictures of there installs :)

I will put up some pics when its all finished..
I also have some pretty cool LED's on there way to light the boot up at night ;)

Cheers

Takes up too much room? I know that feeling.
2mrbhms.jpg

Is it not possible to build one in the spare wheel well? (if you take the wheel out ;))

oh wow that is huge.. urm i could do that but trust my luck i would then need the spare wheel so i will be keeping it, the idea is to build a box in the right and left side of the boot, sub in the right and amp in the left, at the moment i have far to much base, i just want it to be balenced and things so i dont need a boom box anymore as i would rather have the praticallity.. :)

i have a small box in mine with a 10" sub, more than adiquete, and dont take up much room. you could remove the spare and use the well as the box, just carry a can of tyre weld around with you

hmm i have thought about it, mines only a 10 inch sub at the moment but it came in a huge box which i dont really want anymore. ive got a rough idea as to where to put it and what i want to make, i just wondered if people had pics of what they had :)

I built a custom box for my boot but I have no space either :p sounds incredible though! It's a Vibe space 15". The amp is huge so I no longer have a spare wheel either. Tyre weld FTW!

e0a8ba37.jpg

56621b7e.jpg

No gonna lie, that looks awsome but a bit to extreme for me, we have built the sub into the right hand side of the boot and the amp into the left hand size, it sounds awsome still gives a great kick, but i have pretty much my entire boot free. Its awsome.

I havent as yet, ill try and get some later when im not at work and when its not raining, i still need to finish spraying it, only 1 side is sprayed so far..

im unsure on where to put mine as ive take my back seats out
I've seen some people build 6x9s or even 10" subs into the little recess directly behind the drivers seat, where the people in the back would normally have their feet. If you build it right, it can look subtle but also sounds great as it's right behind you.

And I ran a sub on the left side of my boot for a while too, Nathan. Always the best option if you need some space :D

well after my install the sub is on the right hand side recess of the boot and the amp is in the left, ill get some pics up in a mo, not quite finished yet as it all needs painting and finishing off. :)

I've seen some people build 6x9s or even 10" subs into the little recess directly behind the drivers seat, where the people in the back would normally have their feet. If you build it right, it can look subtle but also sounds great as it's right behind you.

And I ran a sub on the left side of my boot for a while too, Nathan. Always the best option if you need some space :D
theres no space behind my seat because of my height lol if the seat would go back more i could possibly need it

to be honest with you, my single 10 inch sub gives plent of punch, a 12 is the biggest you would be able to put where i have, but i think the base is fine, i dident want it to loud and to thumpy, just wanted it to all sound balenced and sound good, hence why i got rid of my old sub box which took up the boot :p ill up load some pics of what the boot looks like now, i finished it over the weekend :)

how about trying an under seat sub? you can get shall 10" enclosures with amps built in designed to go under seats and i hear they are meant to give a fair punch :p or do what ive done? you could quite happily have no seats with my set up as it doesnt make a differnce..

hmm i have rattles, it seems to be where the bottom of the mdf plate is touching the chasis any ideas how i can stop this? there is already a bit of carpet and cotton wool under it which was working perfectly but as of today it has started to rattle again, Ideas?

Back