Sub and rear wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay so i thinking about a sub, but how do i do it, with a 4 channel 600 watt amp, rear speakers in the back and of course speakers in the front, i am thinking 12 inch cause i read that is good for reaching notes of rap, but can 12 inch fit in a k10, and how would i do it,

i am thinking the headunit can power the front, the amp was only powering front side driver side, and my headunit doesnt have pre outs, and that leaves two channels for the front, or maybe there is a sub woofer that has rear speakers built in it. any suggestions

You're heading down the wrong path here again.

You ideally want to run your front speakers off the first two channels of a four channel amp, and then bridge the remaining two to run a sub.

Sub size has nothing to do with performance, yes a large sub will move more air but that is not guide on how it will perform. I had two 8's that dropped lower than some people twin 10's and 12's and I listen to a lot of very low and loud bass material. It's all about the install.

The size box the sub needs all depends on what it's designed for, you can get subs that require small sealed enclosure which don't need a lot of space and then some that need large ported enclosures, then of course there are Infinite Baffle or Free air subs, which you can mount on the rear self or between seats for example that don't need an enclosure as such but need a bit more thought about their install and don't handle as much power as sealed or ported.

Why not save yourself the hassle and cost and start off with a active (has own amp built in) sub box.

Either that or save up and then spec an entire system that will meet your requirements.

Might be an idea to check out http://www.talkaudio.co.uk as it will help fill you in with the gaps in your knowledge and give you a few ideas. Plus there are more people around, so you should get faster responses.

Although one word of caution. I'd try and construct your sentences a little better and use capitals or you will be ignored by people.

Thxs for the website, with seconds of looking on it, getting a lot more information than i would on here, and i been told that caps on websites is rude, unless you are on about starting sentances with caps.

anyway cya, i think i will stick with talk audio

get an active sub thats what i did...no problems already sorted out for me :) just wire in and chill to the beatz

Thxs for the website, with seconds of looking on it, getting a lot more information than i would on here,

anyway cya, i think i will stick with talk audio

Lmao. you'd get more info there because it's an audio forum................... but you've had plenty of advice here too. Take some of it in and you might learn something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back