Stupid car drivers

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
After a car driver failed to indicate in the right direction I just had to do an emergency stop on my bike. Front wheel slipped out on the wet road, bike went down.
Snapped clutch lever, smashed inicators, broken number plate, bent handlebars, bent gear lever, f'd my knee up, bloke didn't even stop and noone stopped to ask me if I was ok. I hate car drivers, but please in future make sure you are using the correct indicator

that's the same reason my friend has a metal hip. People don't indicate or they change their mind.

i know how it feels mate! Some woman in a honda drove into the side of me in a roundabout when i was riding a ped.

I also came off my ped when a audi with abs etc did an emergency stop, i was doing the same sorta speed, but it was wet and again the front slipped out on me...

Just bought most of the parts off eBay, need new handlebars though and they have to come from germany, am not impressed, only fitted the new indicators a week ago:(

Starting to feel the bruises now, got a burn on my leg from the zorst, handlebar shaped bruise on my right kidney, foot peg in the left calf and other handlebar on my left knee.
As the bike slipped out I let go, tucked in my elbows and head and rolled.

I'm just disgusted that noone would even slow down to see if I was ok.

not starting a debate but biking in winter time on these sort of wet greasy road surfaces is just plain dangerous no matter how good or experienced you are. you'd be off driving your micra mate.

I've only been riding 3 weeks lol. I can't drive the micra atm, my insurance ran out and I couldn't be bothered to renew it, cars are so expensive, probs won't drive the micra til after xmas when I can afford to insure it again.

So far it's been ok, occasionally I get the back wheel slip out a bit but I've never had to do an emergency stop before.

i have seen many psychotic bikers in my time, cutting in and out of lanes, tailgate cars and trucks looking for take over space etc. I am not suggesting you are one but if you happen to develop one of those bad habits then you could put your life in danger mate.

just be more careful and alert next time mate, try keep a distance from cars and anticipate what the drivers would do. there are some real dumb drivers out there so you have to out-smart them sort of thing. hehe

consider yourself lucky cos bikers usually come out much worser than a few bruises.

Yeah I hear what you're saying, I always ride very carefully anyway, it just happened that he indicated, usually that is an indication of where they intend to go.

i have seen many psychotic bikers in my time, cutting in and out of lanes, tailgate cars and trucks looking for take over space etc.

and i've seen many psyco car drivers like that?! Doesnt matter what vehicle it is, just likely that a biker will come out worse.

Yeah I hear what you're saying, I always ride very carefully anyway, it just happened that he indicated, usually that is an indication of where they intend to go.

Never assume with indications. One of the most deadly mistakes you can make is taking someones indicators for granted.

Just bought most of the parts off eBay, need new handlebars though and they have to come from germany, am not impressed, only fitted the new indicators a week ago:(

Starting to feel the bruises now, got a burn on my leg from the zorst, handlebar shaped bruise on my right kidney, foot peg in the left calf and other handlebar on my left knee.
As the bike slipped out I let go, tucked in my elbows and head and rolled.

I'm just disgusted that noone would even slow down to see if I was ok.

back in the day, my Grandad's motorbike slipped out on black ice and he broke his ankle, the car that was following him just sat there and beeped him to get out of the road!

it actually scares me that i share the world with people this stupid...

i dont think i could ever own a bike or ride one on a day-day basis...ive seen and heard what can happen if you have an accident.

i will be honest i wouldnt like to stop my car if someone had came off there bike lying on the floor hurt...only for the reason it would scare me and scar me for life! altough put me in that situaltion and i would probs help them as iam not the sort of person not leave someone hurt, i know i wouldnt like to be leaft on the floor dying...

sorry for trailing off there... just my 2ps worth as per.

Ouch thats bad, you have to treat car drivers like they are stupid when on bike, although that situation would have caught me out i imagine.

Before i had the micra, i rode a bike for a year, winter wasn't an issue, a sunday driver pulled out on me at a junction (yes i know you should anticipate it, but you can't slow down to 10mph on a 40mph road for every side street), 2 broken femurs, broken tib and fib, broken wrist, broken foot. I was off my feet for three months, is this they should be cracking down on, not speeding road users, i got so fed up the "Sorry didn't see you mate...", which part? The high vis jacket, the switched on headlight?
Grrr

Okay rant over! Whew!

i got so fed up the "Sorry didn't see you mate...", which part? The high vis jacket, the switched on headlight?
Grrr

Okay rant over! Whew!

at least you had someone to shout at lol, i have my bike outside under a cover, its been there for about 4 years because i came off it and never got back on.

the reason i came off was i wanted to go for a ride in the summer, (without a jacket cos it was too hot...yea i know) and do some country lanes,
slipped on loose gravel at 60mph, only person to blame was me,

The police should spend less time pulling people over for pointless reasons and speeding minute amounts, and start cracking down on the crappy drivers.

After a car driver failed to indicate in the right direction I just had to do an emergency stop on my bike. Front wheel slipped out on the wet road, bike went down.
Snapped clutch lever, smashed inicators, broken number plate, bent handlebars, bent gear lever, f'd my knee up, bloke didn't even stop and noone stopped to ask me if I was ok. I hate car drivers, but please in future make sure you are using the correct indicator

You bikers are blind anyway. YOu see a car indicating and decide its a perfect time to overtake, despite the car is indicating to turn right. Complete nutters.

BUT SERIOUSLY - its not nice to catagorise like you did. I am SURE some bikers are not completely mental and blind like SOME seem to be and I can assure you I WOULD stop if I seen a bloke or girl fall off a motorbike and I DRIVE A CAR.

Glad your not hurt

also I dont want to start an arguement becuase we are on the same side at the end of the day. You hate crappy drivers, I hate crappy drivers...

I have planned for accidents, I got the best jacket I could afford, which is why I have no upper body injuries whatsoever, I didn't even touch my helmet to the floor. I have stickers on every side of my helmet saying: caution, in the event of an accident please don't remove my helmet. This is to prevent people helping me break my spine lol.
I always ride with headlights on and hi-vis jacket.

I know in a crash I'd come worst off but that's no reason not to ride, people say I should stay off the road cos it's safer but noone ever tells these idiot car drivers to stay off the road. Within my first hour of driving I had some idiot try to crash into the side of me out of a junction, he didn't even look. It's mainly old people that shouldn't even have a licence

Glad your alright dude. Instead of going down, you should have stacked it into the drivers door! He'd soon know you were there then

Honestly dude, i understand saving money but in the year as a delivery driver on a 50cc i didnt get close to an accident. Not even nearly. If you have already been knocked off in 3 weeks, just sell the bike and save yourself some trouble.

I'm not gunna give up cos I had a little scrape, like I didn't give up driving when I wrote off a car and damn near killed myself. Just now I'm gunna stop a little easier and be more aware of idiots on the road.

I've done more damage falling off my BMX

I'm not gunna give up cos I had a little scrape, like I didn't give up driving when I wrote off a car and damn near killed myself. Just now I'm gunna stop a little easier and be more aware of idiots on the road.

I've done more damage falling off my BMX

Good on you!

I hate motorbikes, they're dangerous in my opinion, two relatives I know died when I was younger through poor weather conditions, or low visibility.

It annoys me when you're in a traffic jam and they come flying through the middle, in the dark when you're slowly pulling forward.

My mirror got clipped once by one bombing through traffic, never stopped though.

Although I think they're fun, they're just not safe in the least.

It annoys me when you're in a traffic jam and they come flying through the middle

You're just jealous cos you're stuck in traffic lol

A vehicle is only as dangerous as the operator, imo cars are more dangerous as they are bigger/ heavier so do more damage to objects they hit.

If bikes are more dangerous why are they cheaper to insure?

After a car driver failed to indicate in the right direction I just had to do an emergency stop on my bike. Front wheel slipped out on the wet road

describe to me how you performed the Emergengy stop mate?

not starting a debate but biking in winter time on these sort of wet greasy road surfaces is just plain dangerous no matter how good or experienced you are. you'd be off driving your micra mate.

agreed riding when its very cold i.e. icy or near freezing is stupid leave the bike at home. advice i had when doing my DAS course. "if its wet wrap up warm, if its icy of near freezing leave the F'ing bike at home" my bike instructor bless him! legend!

I'm guessing he progressively applied more and more braking, realised he still wasn't slowing down enough, tried more and the wheel locked, as soon as that happens unless you've experienced it before and you've lightnening reactions the bikes going down. Better that then a high side at least.

Dewgel, why should bikers wait in traffic? Your nice and warm etc, thats the benefit you gain from sacrificing being able to filter through traffic, if everyone rode then there wouldn't be any traffic! :)

Would agree with speedle on the ice point, i've ridden in snow and ice before, and i was having to be so delicate with everything, throttle, steering, brakes... But i needed to get to work and it was my only transport at the time.

Let go of throttle, light pressure on both brakes (front a little bit before) increasing pressure probably about 70:30 front:back, didn't have enough room, panicked, front brake on full, front wheel lock, slipped out

i remember ####s in cars used to drive into the middle to try and block me when i was going down the middle of traffic just cause they were jelous that they were sat in traffic!

Bikes aren't dangerous, it's the idiots that drive into them that are! I'd love to own a bike, but like reasons mentioned above, I wouldn't get one. I'm still tempted to get a licence though, might have a change of heart one day, and it's just something to say that you've done!

I don't have a problem with them going in between cars on the motorways though, good for them! I'd do the same. Even safer - let them use the hard shoulder at the same pace as they go through traffic. 20/30 etc.

Let go of throttle, light pressure on both brakes (front a little bit before) increasing pressure probably about 70:30 front:back, didn't have enough room, panicked, front brake on full, front wheel lock, slipped out

and what are you riding? i assume you've only just passed?

This is the 125 version but the bike is the same

madass002.jpg

It's not illegally deresticted as I'm over 17, it wouldn't have stopped anyway as I was doing 20 - as fast as it went before de-restriction

clealry were missing the point here...

the only point at which mopeds can be de-restricted is when you have either a full moped licence or a full motorcycle licence. the thing that annoys me is that we have someone here trying to make something go faster than it should then wondering why they have an accident! im i the only one here that see's this?

plus these rather key points;

* an engine capacity of no greater than 50cc
* a max speed of 31 mph (50 kph)
* a weight no more than 250kg

point 2 by your own admision on a public forum you have already broken...

* an engine capacity of no greater than 50cc

He can ride up to a 125 though!!!

the thing that annoys me is that we have someone here trying to make something go faster than it should then wondering why they have an accident! im i the only one here that see's this?

then the forum should be shut down then? as most of us (including you) make micras a lot quicker than they were ever intended to!

direct.gov.uk said:
A moped has a maximum design speed not exceeding 50 km/h (approx. 31 mph). It has an engine capacity no greater than 50 cc and can be moved by pedals, if first used before 1 August 1977. A learner motorcycle has an engine up to 125 cc and a power output not exceeding 11 kW

ignore point 1 that was cut an pasted from the moped restrictions.

either way this further proves my point that a CBT is not sufficient to be letting people out on the roads

also hes not on a 125 hes on a 50cc moped.... so it should not exceed 31mph

well we could go on like this all day but i'm 90% sure that he can do anything he likes to his 50 cc, he could even but a big bore kit on to take ot to 70 or 80, as long as it doesnt exceed 11kw

Back