Strength of Running Gear?

Courior

Fat ppl r harder 2 kidnap
Hi :)

Just wondering how strong people would say the standard running gear on a K10 is? not the springs and the shocks, but the actual bolts that hold the wheels onto car and the large metal L plates that hold the front wheels, and the axle brackets etc... what kind of punishment can these take?? My reason for asking is i have recently gone over a MAHOOSIVE pothole and what a bang it made. i had a look and the car looks and drives as normal. but just so my mind is at rest, can these parts take a good bash??

Thanks,... Courior

PS: my thought would be the Tire would pop before the struts etc break??

Well people use them for grass track racing with standard components, so I suppose they must be pretty strong. If there was any damage done then I would think that it would show when the car was driven.

I hit a pothole at around 20mph

I damaged mt tyre sidewall, wheel rim, track-rod ends ands split a wishbone bush,,,,,

steering was a nightmare and when I took it to the garage they give me the list above

Yes you can try, as long as you have suitable evidence.

I hit a pothole once and threw the alignment out, no other damage apart from that. I think all the bits underneath are fairly strong, otherwise they wouldn't be that safe to drive!

car drive 100% as normal.. i think its safe to say its ok then.. if they race em off road with standard bits then the odd pothole wont hurt lol!!

depends on what condition the underneath of the car is. If its not rusted to #### then it should be ok. the loud bang would of been the suspension bottoming out and hitting the bump stop.

Ryan.

yeah i guessed it bottomed out lol.. it also make a hell of a bang when the car lifts to much (opposite of bottom out.. topping out??) .. like when i go off a pavement too fast or forget about the next speedhump lol

yeah i guessed it bottomed out lol.. it also make a hell of a bang when the car lifts to much (opposite of bottom out.. topping out??) .. like when i go off a pavement too fast or forget about the next speedhump lol

That would be the damper being fully streched and hitting the bumpstop inside the damper.

Ryan.

ryan, thats what i thought... i take it thats not gonna cause damage and is designed to do that or they wouldnt put a bump stop inside the shocker! :)

Back