strange smell

I recently have this strange smell coming from my micra exhaust its certainly not fuel. this is when i leave it idle there is light grey smoke and water drips from the exhaust and there is this eggy smell. the smoke wont stop even if i leave for more than 30mins. dont know this happens when i am driving.
Please anybody shed some lights on this matter

Eggy smell usually means your CAT is nackered! Not sure which one it would be though

"Question: There is a really bad smell that comes from my car. My ex, who is a mechanic, said it was the catalytic converter, but said it wasn't a problem, and that it's expensive to replace etc. I like to drive fast, so I always smell that odor (like rotten eggs and burnt rubber), so I was wondering what I could do to fix this? Any insight would be appreciated.

Answer: The “rotten egg smell” that you mentioned is usually caused by fuel mixture in the engine that is too rich. The catalytic converter may be faulty but before you replace it the “too rich” fuel mixture needs to be corrected."

Edited from here : http://www.2carpros.com/topics/catcon.htm

my misses,s k11 gives an eggy whiff now and then, but her emissions were well within spec (last months mot)
i think its common under certain conditions

I recently have this strange smell coming from my micra exhaust its certainly not fuel. this is when i leave it idle there is light grey smoke and water drips from the exhaust and there is this eggy smell. the smoke wont stop even if i leave for more than 30mins. dont know this happens when i am driving.
Please anybody shed some lights on this matter

i have same problem with mine its smells like eggs when im doing 60. its the secondary cat, i put catalyst cleaner intank its helps for a bit.

fellas thks for the advices, Retepetsir good one from you and i did a o2 diagnosis and the ecu gives a ok i still cant understand why would a cat give that smell. could it be that i burning oil or coolant or valve seal or piston rings worn out or something of that sort

every day for more that 20kms forgot to mention that in addition to the smell there is a very thin flow of grey smoke its visible if stand near the exhaust

fellas thks for the advices, Retepetsir good one from you and i did a o2 diagnosis and the ecu gives a ok i still cant understand why would a cat give that smell. could it be that i burning oil or coolant or valve seal or piston rings worn out or something of that sort

What migeage is it on? I doubt it would be stem seals, valve guides or piston rings unless u've got quite a high mileage engine or u rag it from cold every day!
Do u get blue smoke at all.

normally every 6-8 months i change oil and oil filter and during this period i dont need to top up oil only thing is that it gets black very quickly say after change it takes 1 -2 wks to change colour. and recently i top up the coolant it was to the max level from april last year when i bought it.

Back