Strange smell

CMF_Stallion

» CMF Member
I recently have this strange smell coming from my micra exhaust its certainly not fuel. this is when i leave it idle there is light white smoke and water drips from the exhaust and there is this smell the smoke wont stop even if i leave for more than 30mins dont know this happens when i am driving.
Please anybody shed some lights on this matter

CMF_Stallion

» CMF Member
frank
something like that the smokes very light its bit heavy in the morning when its bit cold
sikK11
no oil come from the exhaust only water drips

CMF_asdame

» CMF Member
i've read that an eggy smell is from an overheated cat caused by over-rich mixture.

the unburnt fuel hits the hot cat, which oxidizes and burns it off with an egg smell.

the rich mix could be caused by a failed exhaust oxygen sensor, making the ecu run on default rich mix state.

i'd advise diagnosing if ur oxygen sensors working properly, and replace if needed.

CMF_Stallion

» CMF Member
sikK11
its greyish but not blue
asdame
I did a diagnosis on the O2 sensor the way it says in this forum through the diagonstic conector in the fuse box it shows everythgs all right it flashs once at 2000rpm just to get help; if water drips from the exhaust doesn't that mean it is runing on right mixture.

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
the smoke if grey i think is oil. Black i think is fuel. If correct then you car is using oil and could be one of the above things i mentioned. Take it to a mechanic and ask to have a quick look

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
hey stallion how did you do a diagnosis on the o2 sensor?? i might give that a go cos my car stinks pretty bad sometimes.... havnt noticed any smoke or water out of the exhaust tho.... and i realy do need my o2 sensor working propperly as im about to install extractors....

thanks, tris

CMF_Stallion

» CMF Member
thanks fellas for the advices thinking it to take down to a nissan agent

tris: asdame has a good write up on the o2 diagonosis follow that it should be fine (asdame thanks for providing the link)

Back