Stolen/Nats

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
I thought that the nats system could not be bypased very easy, well this is what i was lead to beleave on this site. No bad thing at least people wont ask how to do it. After reading cars for sale in the salvage yard I noticed a micra and a almera both listed as stolen recovered strange i thought it was not possible to bypass the nats anyway I went to see just in case what they had done was still visable and it was. hot wired from the ignition barrell now me been me took photo,s of what wires joined where and no im not posting them so dont ask brooney was there he saw and it isint as hard as you would think.....object of this post add more security as stealing these is not hard.....

Yeah i read about this a few weeks back. Plus if you search the net you can find the hot wiring diagram for remote engine starts on the micras.

Same principle but yeah it can be done and apparently it takes no longer than hotwiring a nova :S

Shr3k

well i was suprised to say the least wish i could post the pics but common sence tells me not to people will just have to take my word for it and increase there security

I thought that the nats system could not be bypased very easy, well this is what i was lead to beleave on this site. No bad thing at least people wont ask how to do it. After reading cars for sale in the salvage yard I noticed a micra and a almera both listed as stolen recovered strange i thought it was not possible to bypass the nats anyway I went to see just in case what they had done was still visable and it was. hot wired from the ignition barrell now me been me took photo,s of what wires joined where and no im not posting them so dont ask brooney was there he saw and it isint as hard as you would think.....object of this post add more security as stealing these is not hard.....

What did you look at to see they had NATS installed?

And yes, probably best the pictures are not uploaded here.

OK. I was hoping you were gonna say more than the sticker on the glass, as that doesn't necessarily mean the car actually has NATS! Just a deterrant

I think if people care about there cars enough, then additional security should be installed, and you don't have to go to extreme costs like Clifford alarms for protection either!

steering wheel pan is about the best deterant given you use a good lock and i did say more than just a sticker i mentioned the pickup ring around the barrel the only reason you have pickup ring is to read chip in key for the nats system i have a m reg micra no pickup ring as there is no chip in key.....

is there any way i can get a look at these pics? firstly cos i want to know how i can use nats ecus in my cars, but also i think i know how to mod the barrel to prevent them from doing the same thing again, just need to know what they did...

micras are very insecure, i managed to steal my own car when the key stopped working. so i modded it so it cant be done again.

i always thought exactly the same and was lead to believe that you cannot under any circumstances start a NATS car without the NATS key... i would have thought that at worst some kind of code-hopping device but hot wiring and taking a few minutes? shock horror!!! and in one of Nex' previous posts I thought at worst.. you can only get to key position 2 but not fire up the engine... so Id like to know how to prevent it and mod etc.

i wouldnt mind having a look at the pics cause i dont see how its worked on a car with the pickup ring, everything is telling it shouldnt work,

there are many versions of nats

from version v1 to version v5

i can get a picture of what v1 nats cuts out so you can bypass it easilly by giving a few things some "seperate feeds"

Agree if its the full on nats, it should not work without the transponder.

If NATS is anything like most immobilizers it is really easy to bypass under the bonnet, I wont say where but it's horribly obvious.

For those wondering, nats sends a signal to the ECU to disable it, however it does have certain exceptions, without actually knowing whats happened its hard to say, but i would imagine it is not as simple as it appeared. For example the car could have been broken into tried to hot wire not gone anywhere or rolled away etc and dumped down the road and been an unecomonical repair (quite likely) so scrapped even if it may have never moved from where it was.

For those wondering, nats sends a signal to the ECU to disable it, however it does have certain exceptions, without actually knowing whats happened its hard to say, but i would imagine it is not as simple as it appeared. For example the car could have been broken into tried to hot wire not gone anywhere or rolled away etc and dumped down the road and been an unecomonical repair (quite likely) so scrapped even if it may have never moved from where it was.

maybe but without going into detail there was 5 wires 2 wire were bared so that they joined with 2 other wires ie you had 3 wires with female spade connectors on 2 were bared and joined to 2 with spade conectors 1 was left the wires that were joined were deliberate ..........it was to clean a job for it to look like a no go

the detail isn't difficult, you literally do just connect all of them up and a car would start you just need then remove the stater motor one. There seems little point in hiding this as the scum who would nick a car would know this anyway.

i must admit you can start certain cars with nats with a uncoded key but its not a 100% thing you can do everytime

japseye if you send me pics in a pm i can tell you where each wire came from and goes 2 so i can get a better understanding of how, i think i know how to do it but its a random idea as in how tho

hmmm my 2pence
but ive a mk4 k11 last of the facelifts originally a 1.0 but. . .
ive tried starting my car with a nats 1.4ecu but the 1.0 dif barrel n transponder n with matched key for it to turn n register with the transponder n it didnt work. . . the starter turned over but the ecu didnt respond to spark it up so unless hot wiring the wires does something better than me actually cranking up via key my conclusion is i trust my nats

if it was able to be by passed via hot wiring then my car should of started up with the setup above but it didnt
even with a dif transponder but with matchin key chip so im led to believe that the transponders and ecu's are also matched some how

if this helps people to invalidate me or such. . .i got a thread on this a while back on the different types of trial n error procedures i tried

THe way I see it is if someone is trying to steal your car the NATS will be enough to make them say 'it's not worth this trouble for a micra'
And if they are that interested in the car they will get it whatever security you have.

have spoken no been advised may be better. rather than trying to bypass the nats maybe they fried it I dont know I was just commenting on what I found as I have never twocked a car I wouldnt know what I was looking at. I dont think there is much cause for histeria. To add a little more the micra in question was about an R plate maybe P....

in the pic, it shows how they hotwired the car, you wire those wires together to get the engine running, they are just the barrel wires. the nats wires are different colours and lower guage. if those are the only wires they messed with then they wouldn't have been able to start the car. so i don't think they managed to steal it unless there are other wires cut elsewhere.

yeah same as what nex said this looks like a failed attempt of stealing,

by looking at the pics all thats been done is the connect block for the ignition switch has be ripped of and certain wires joined this is why there is spade connectors on some wires as they are out of the connector block

nats is more involved than most people think, the only nats i know how to bypass is the version 1 and even then that means alot or wiring but with pratice it could take seconds to do

Ive been thinking of how to improve security... are the wires coloured or blank? was thinking of adding some dudd wires... in spare time...

Is it possible to double immobilise? e.g. have a toad sterling running with a nats key? sounds stupid i know but just some thoughts..

agree... nats 4 is a tough one... mine is the last of the face lift k11s too

Ive been thinking of how to improve security... are the wires coloured or blank? was thinking of adding some dudd wires... in spare time...

Is it possible to double immobilise? e.g. have a toad sterling running with a nats key? sounds stupid i know but just some thoughts..

agree... nats 4 is a tough one... mine is the last of the face lift k11s too

it doesn't matter if the wires are blank or there are dud wires. you just join all of them together to start the car, you don't need to know what you are doing cos it can be done by trial and error... but it still wont start the car if you have nats

You could fit another immobiliser to work off its own remote rather than the nissan key. Would probably be alot easier to install too than trying to intergrate it with nats

its better just to fit a switch that cuts power to the ECU. then hide the switch somewhere. its the best way cos the only way they will steal the car is by finding the switch and thats only if they think of looking for a switch.

i was thinking of doing something like using the door switch to isolate the ecu so you would have to open the door to start the car. but there are a million reasons why thats bad lol

The problem with switches is a thief will flip every switch in the car to get it started, or watch you to see where the switch is. If you are gunna use a switch it needs to be somewhere a natural movement will take you, for example next to the seatbelt.

Switches can be hidden though. There'd be no point fitting the 'secret start switch' right in the center of your dashboard.

I had an idea to connect up about 5 switches in a row which have to be set the correct way for the car to start, for example, 2 have to be facing up, the next two have to be facing down and then the next one faces up. They could also be intergrated into a switch panel which controls lights, air horns and other accessories.

Even if you eventually realised these needed to be set for the car to start, you've then got to work out the correct 1 in 25 combination required. During this timely process, your alarm will be blaring away drawing attention.

Good idea or not?

Switches can be hidden though. There'd be no point fitting the 'secret start switch' right in the center of your dashboard.

I had an idea to connect up about 5 switches in a row which have to be set the correct way for the car to start, for example, 2 have to be facing up, the next two have to be facing down and then the next one faces up. They could also be intergrated into a switch panel which controls lights, air horns and other accessories.

Even if you eventually realised these needed to be set for the car to start, you've then got to work out the correct 1 in 25 combination required. During this timely process, your alarm will be blaring away drawing attention.

Good idea or not?

sounds perfect.

tho i find that these people rarely steal the cars, just break in for your gps etc. best to stop them while they are still on the outside of the car.
get clear tinted glass to stop the glass from breaking, get your locks removed and put a metal bracket over the control rods in the door, that should stop them getting into the car :D

Well i double bluffed my mate who sed he can start micras and he gave me a full blown diagram and step by step instructions.

Once your in the car its a piece of #### but you can #### it up very easily.

glad i don;t have a icra now though ;)

sHR3K

My dad uses the hidden switch idea, lots of variations of it. Our cars have attempted to be stolen 3 times, and 3 times its protected it.

Some buses/ lorries have a pedal under the seat that you have to stand on before you start it. so you can leave them unlocked.

sounds perfect.

tho i find that these people rarely steal the cars, just break in for your gps etc. best to stop them while they are still on the outside of the car.
get clear tinted glass to stop the glass from breaking, get your locks removed and put a metal bracket over the control rods in the door, that should stop them getting into the car :D

but then i'd just bend the door open as they are like cheese :laugh:

but then i'd just bend the door open as they are like cheese :laugh:

well you'd be supprised. i had an old micra door i wanted to take to the scrappy and it wouldn't fit in my car so i tried to bend it and it wouldn't go! i even dropped it from about 4 meters and it was solid.

but if you can bend the door then relocate the inner locks right down to the foot wells ;) lol

Well i double bluffed my mate who sed he can start micras and he gave me a full blown diagram and step by step instructions.

Once your in the car its a piece of #### but you can #### it up very easily.

glad i don;t have a icra now though ;)

sHR3K

So your mate is a car thief? :wasntme:

Back