Earth K11 Aftermarket stereo... need help

Hi guys, new here, been trying to read up a little.. i want to fit a sony stereo but i have heard i need to earth the stereo with the car chasis, but on another post someone mentioned that it could be earthed by wrapping the wire around the cage of the stereo.. furtherly on another post someone said if you used the original cage it wouldnt need earthing to the chasis...

even if it does have to be earthed by the chasis does anyone know where i can do it? somewhere easy(ish)??

thanks

so i dont need to connect an earth to the chasis?
will i need an adaptr for the aerial or is the k11 standard one universal? i have a sony xplod on the way..

you can run a separate earth if you want, i've ran one from the back of the stereo (there's an anti-vibrate screw) to the center console frame. But the standard aerial will plug in the back no problems

really appreciate your help..
so youre saying i dont need to run a seperate earth cable? just the antenna will do??
plus i will need to use the brackets from the original radio to mount the new one onto the dash?
cheers:D

Yes I know it is an old thread. Fitted a stereo to my mums 2000 1.0 K11.

The ISO adapter harness that I used had an earth wire with a metal ring on the end, but I didn't attach it to anything, will it be OK as it earths through the aerial anyway?

Also just want to add I didn't bother with the cage the new stereo came with, I think your better off using the brackets from the standard stereo in the face lifted K11 atleast, more secure.
Thanks in advance. :)

Just to be safe I connected the earth wire to a screw that go's between some plastic dash trim and some metal behind the dash, should earth it quite nicely, though I think it is unnecessary as it earths through the aerial anyway.