sticker removal

i wish to remove this sticker from above my wheel but do not want to damage paint.

2060530_2_full.jpg

does anyone have a good safe method?

thanks for the help

K11SS (stephen)

I took my little 16VALVE stickers off yesterday, all i did was pick the edge of each letter with my nail then pull slowly. Then i just washed with panel wipe and polished.
I thing the type of sticker it is and what glue is on the sticker will be the factor in whether the paint will come off with it.
Slow is the key though.
Si

i heard hairdryer n petrol was a good combo, as the petrol eats the glue. just wanting to confirm before trying.

cheers K11SS

Yeah heating it would help you just need to monitor the amount of heat you use closley.
I used petrol on a rag, but foung whitespirit worked a little better. With either you need alot! of rubbing.

yea, use a hairdryer and pick away at the pointest part of the sticket,(like a edge of the vinal) and keep heat on it n pull very slow. not sure bout nthe petrol bit tho.

hi i plan on finally doing this can anyone confirm if whitespirits removes the paint from car?

any new ideas would really help too thanks :D

nah terps will be ok on ya paint, but wash it strait off wen ya done any anyways. its like wax aswell (the warter just runs strait off) so use a rag n a hot soapy warter job

Back