Sticker removal gone wrong

L

LK1

I was removing my LS sticker as it was half off anyway, and got the sticker off fine. I thought i would use some t-cut and that would sort the mark out left behind but it removed in areas all the paint so its down to the metal and the mark is still there in parts. I've left it as i dont want to make it worse and was wondering does anyone have any advice on what i should do now?

Have you got any pictures of what you've done? It sounds like you're going to need to have the panel / area primed & sprayed again.

Arnold said:
Have you got any pictures of what you've done? It sounds like you're going to need to have the panel / area primed & sprayed again.

that sounds about right... :(

if ur down the the metal... get some primer on it quick, u it will being to rust :) (unless ur getting it sprayed VERY soon)

LK1 said:
t-cut and that would sort the mark out left behind but it removed in areas all the paint so its down to the metal

Are you saying the Tcut removed so much paint it went down to metal?

Get some pics up and we'll see what we can do to help

image0009js.jpg

Looking at it it appears rather than down to the metal its a base coat under it. Im probably gonna ave to respray it by the sounds of it. Is there anyway i can do a decent job of it myself?

There had to have been something up with the paint, never known tcut to ever do that.

As for doing yourself, if you've never tried before I wouldn't risk it, you can get a touch up pen, you'll see a mark but least it'll be red, panel spraying isn't easy and I've tried it several times and mesed up door in the process.

Thing is i ave paint missing all over the place on it so was wondering if i did it myself i might be able to save the little cash that i ave. How much would it be for a respray roughly? and how would i go about doing it myself out of curiosity?
Thanks

A full respray, usually a min of £500, but places do touch ups on scratches etc.

Doing yourself you need to sand the area around it and spray away but no matter how good my spraying may be I've only once been able to blend a newly sprayed area into the existing paint without any nasty lines/marks.
It really is something for an experienced person.
If it's a door or other removeable panel you have the option to swap it should it go wrong so thats good but if it's not then you're stuck with it till you get it sorted.

rite cheers i may give it a go myself as the car only cost £25 so i dont wanna spend loads on it as its not reli worth it

oh! worth a shot then at that price.

use wet and dry to sand it down
spray thin coats of paint
once don't tcut it (i know it didn't help before but it will help blend new paint in)

good luck and take pics

cheers for the help ill probably get the gear together and do it at the w/e.

Back