Central Locking Woes

Hey all,

Just bought myself nice wee K11 2002 micra with 36k on the clock. However the central locking aint working. I have one key which looks like its never been used and I have replaced the battery in it and tried to reprogram the key to the car as described in other posts but it doesnt seem to register, I get the car into program mode and out of program mode but it never flashes to indicate sucessful programming.

The central locking opens on both sides with the key no problem, but for some reason wont close or open with either fobs. I dont think its a fob problem. Any suggestions on where I could look to find the potential source of the fault. It seems the car is not recieved the RF signal.

Regards

Fejaouk

Hey all,

Its a real shame that no one responded to my threat to give me some help. However I thought I would post how I fixed my central locking, as someone else might benfit. I read that after 200-300 code cycles the central locking stops working as its run out of codes, sounds stupid to me.

What I did.... I disconnected the central locking control module which is located under the steering wheel beside the fuse box and then reconnect it after a minute and then reprogrammed my fob and hey presto the central locking is working again.

When I disconnected the control module the central locking locked the car and when reconnecting it the central locking opended, suppose it shows that the control box is functional.

Anyway I hope this helps someone.

Fejaouk

I read that after 200-300 code cycles the central locking stops working as its run out of codes, sounds stupid to me.
Thanks for posting your experiences with this. I think the limited window in the series of codes accepted between the fob and receiver is to make it harder to break into a car by brute force generating random keys and broadcasting them (e.g. in a car park :D).

Back