Stereo problem

My stereo has died. I've checked the fuse box and thats fine. How do I get the panel off to get the stereo out to check further
Thanks

You want to remove the head unit right? Ok, here goes. You see the plastic cover that sits on top of the dashboard, behind the windscreen, this needs to be removed first. If I can re-call, there are 10mm bolts/screws either end. Can't remember if any in the middle, but that cover lifts out tho. Then, looking from the top of the dash, you will see the back of the stereo, there is another 10mm bolt holding it in place. Remove this. Then, remove the heater control knobs from the centre console around the headunit, and I think theres a couple more screws either side of the head unit which you remove. Been a while since I did it tho. Then the headunit pulls out. HTH.

puttin a new stereo in a micra is so hard, i got one in mine, took 4 hours to do, had to take the whole dashboard to pieces in similar way, we also had to take rubber seals around door off to get to screws etc!

Back