Steering wheel removal..

Does anyone know how to remove my steering wheel?! bought my micra recently and it's not on straight.. it does'nt have an airbag. Also does anyone know the torque figures for the steering wheel nut? :grinning:

hi thanks for replying! its about 45 degrees out to the right, and when i straighten it it veers towards the kurb!! do you know how to remove the cover?

hi thanks for replying! its about 45 degrees out to the right, and when i straighten it it veers towards the kurb!! do you know how to remove the cover?

2 torx screws at the back iirc, but maybe the nearside wheel has had a smack :eek: has it been checked out ?
attachment.php

Attachments

• wheel.jpg
    wheel.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 3,471
ahh right thankyou for that! :laugh: well i bought it from a man who deals cars so id like to think so!! im not going to take the wheel off because i dont have a clue but my boyfriends going to do it as hes taken his off before.. could u tell me what the iirc is? ill get the tracking checked though i think just to be sure..

Ok, had a look behind the steering wheel but there are no screws to remove the front cover?? Could anyone shed any light on this please*geek*

on non-airbag steering wheel the horn cover just pulls out. grab top of cover and short tug back, disconnect horn wiring.

i see thankyou! just to be sure, if the micra wheels contain an airbag do they say 'airbag' on them like other car steering wheels have? obviously we dont wont to pull it off if its got an airbag inside!!:eek:

yes it'll say srs airbag in front, and easily identified by the big chunky central base containing the airbag compared to the standard tiny non-airbag wheel. and you can't pull airbags off cos they'll be bolted in place with star torx bolts on either side. and always disconnect the battery for least 10mins before removing airbags cos you definately don't want em going off in ur face

ahh right mines deffinatley not got an airbag in it then, its tiny and doesnt say srs airbag on it, thankyou for your help both of you! we'll give it a go cos its driving me scranny!grr

how do i remove the steering wheel when i have the cover off and nut loose? it just wont budge? any tips?

put the nut back on a few turns & give it a goo tug! They can be tight, the nut being on loose stops the wheel hitting you in the nogin :)

Could always git it a tap with a hammer around the spline to try and free it slightly

Back