Steering wheel adjustment

CMF_penpusher

» CMF Member
My micra doesn't allow for adjustment of the steering wheel.

Is it possible to get the parts required from one that has the tilt mechanism and transplant it into mine. Would it be very hard and what pats are needed ? Thanks

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
yes it can be done using parts of another model, however I dont think it would be easy.

The easiest way to lower to the height you are after is to add spacers on the 2 bolts fixing/holding up the steering column. I even used some extended bolts so that there is still the same amount of thread in the hole.

CMF_Doom

» CMF Member
If you can find a slx that is getting stripped, it is about 6 bolts to remove the adjustable part. (after all electrics removed from column).

We pulled the one out of our silver slx before it went to scrap and we will try to fit it to grumpys super s.
We will take pics of conversion, but this won't happen for a couple of months because grumpy is going overseas next week

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
Yeah it's easy, but what you going to about the ignition barrel? I did the swap, just a 10/12mm nut where it connects to the steering rack(behind the pedal) and I think it's 4bolts I think 12mm also, under the dash (remove plastic surround around steering column) and pull out the steering column

Back