Steering rack control arm removal

I'm about to try and remove the control arms from the rack, any tips from the pros please and which tools work best, if it had flats on I'm sure it would be pretty straight forward.

Thanks in advance

Cheers Frank, yes I thought those stillsons would be needed. Hopefully the local garage will be able to help me out.

I'm also trying to pull some off a Metro rack to see if the thread on the Metro ones is the same as the Micra ones, and if it is I'll be putting the Metro ones on the Micra rack for a kit car project that I need power-steering on.

aye, 14" would suffice :) i think there are 2 different types of rack on the p/f k11,s tho, this one has a factory sealed joint :eek:

Attachments

• SDC12156.JPG
    SDC12156.JPG
    273.7 KB · Views: 312
14" Stillsons made the job very simple, the Metro arms do fit the Micra rack but are a bit too short now, so if I can't find data on control arms chopping off some of the Micra rod and rethreading for an extender or an extender on the Metro arms is what I'll need to do.

control arm removal

I also agree that you will be needing a stillsons to pull-out the control arm. If ever you will be needing a new one, I recommend this type of control arm.

Back