steel wheel spraying

danny1.0l

Ex. Club Member
hey guys im wanting to spray my steelies white but im not sure weather i have to prime the wheels before painting if i clean them good to begin with will i get away without priming

any info guys would be much obliged

dan(Y)

must use a primer for best results, allow 2/3 coats, if the steelies are in good condition then you'll get a smoother top coat on and a nicer finish :)

if there is so much as a speck of rust then you'll have to grind/sand it back to metel or it'll come through the paint, meaning you just wasted all that time and money lol (bitter experience lol)

are these for use instead of your alloys?! and yes primer! dont forget the wire brush if your wheels are anything like mine (Y)

its only a thought at the moment till i get a job and can afford to muck about with my car but thanks for the replies guys

definatly use primer and DONT be impatent cos that was my biggest problem. 2-3 coats then 4-5 coats of paint, lighty use wet and dry to get rid of the orange peel effect then a couple layers of laquer then agan wet n dry to get rid of orange peel efect. hope it helps

Back