starting problems , battery related?

N

nobber

well , my 1.3 is still giving me starting problems. I'm taking the petrol pump fuse out and it starts eventually. Ive even been removing the fuse last thing when i park it up at night letting the engine run dry from fuel before conking out.
this morning was a different story though , it wouldn't start and my battery ran dead.
now , when it does run , if i have the lights and heater on when i rev the engine the lights get brighter and the heater fan runs faster.
is my battery done?
and is this related to the starting problem?
i don't do Small journeys before switching it off , i always do a few miles at least and let it get to full operating temperature.
what do you guys think?

my car does the same thing, no problems starting etc but if i start the car and leave it the lights are not as bright nor fans blow as much, give it abit of a rev and the lights get brighter and fans blow out better.

how old is the battery? i had to replace mine awhile back coz it was like 10 years old lol if its a battery related problem ya would be able to tell when you start your car as it would kill anything off as when it happened to me my clock on my dash went out too and resetted itself.

not too sure on what it could be as it could be down to your alternator or your battery if its a power related problem

first of all how old is your battery ? if its over 5 years old then it could probably do with revitalising at the least if not replacing, dont forget that cold weather really takes it out of an already weak battery. as for the lights getting brighter and the fan speeding up with the revs that would suggest a fault in the charging system, have you tested to see what charge is being put into the battery ?

i dont have any testing equipment so i cant test it.
the battery is at least 3 years old. the little window is green even though there isnt enough juice to turn the engine over and any driving done in the car is usually at night/morning with heater and lights on.

Back