Starter Motor Sticking...

Ok so, I think the noise I keep hearing when I start the car is the starter motor sticking... (posted about it on a previous post- noise only lasts a few seconds)

has anyone else had this on a 53 k12 1ltr?

Does anyone have any advice on what I should do?

Lizzie, get a garage to check it out but I had exactly the same problem in an 06 1.2, noise just happened in cold weather initially (extra strain on the starter) but when it did the same in warmer conditions I replaced the starter motor, they're not too expensive, around £70 or so, plus fitting. No point putting it off as one day your car will simply not start and it could end up costing you more money. Last thing you want is to be stranded somewhere, especially when you know there is a problem that can be easily fixed. Hope that helps.

Ok will get it in there asap! Was playing with it and only does it when I turn the key right around so maybe I just putting too much strain on it when I do it... If that makes sense?!... Cheers for the help!

Common fault with the 53 reg micra was the steering lock sticking in the start possition try lubricating the lock and get it charged asap if thats the fault or the starter could get damaged to

Back