Standing down

SR_Micra_Boy

Ex. Club Member
Bit of a rash decision from me, but I've decided to stand down as North East Meets organiser. Ive been doing this for probably the best of 3-4 years now, but unfortunately I have taken a lot on over the past few months, as some will see this includes organising the biggest meets the North East for the jap scene and its followers. I'll not be stopping organising meets altogether, the jap scene will still continue to grow, I still have a few things up my sleeve hopefully for this year, so we will see what happens.

I feel at this time I cant give the msc and the north east meets my full dedication, so therefore I think its unacceptable for me to try and continue this role, which others could take on and thrive at.

Ive sent details to the admin so they can decide what action will be taken from here, no doubt a poll will be created with people who wish to take this role on, either that or just a decision I dont know, thats up to them and you guys.

Id like to thank everyone who has supported me since the first meet, and who still do to this day, I would like these people to support the new organiser in the same way if possible to continue to allow the northeast to grow further in both numbers and spirit.

All I'll say is its been a priviledge ;)

cheers for all your work mate, hopefully the meets will continue to be among the best.

hope all goes well with the big jap meets you organise mate.

cheers again :)

Sorry to hear your stepping down Neil :(

You've done well over the years organising events/meets for the NE, but if you can't give it enough time due to other commitments, then that's understandable.

As for a new rep, really it's up to you guys to decide who you best think can take on the role. I'll make the changes to the forum title when a new rep has been choosen.

Kev

Sorry to see you stepping down Neil, and doubt there will be another rep like you!

If it wasn't for you i wouldn't of met half the peeps i have from the NE - so cheers man!
Titch :kungfu:

Sorry to hear you are stepping down Neil. Hope you will still make it to the meets. Wayne always seemed to have a good way with organising meets both NE and even national meets, including at Donny where he helped to organised the MSC stand etc, and rang around to make the stand better by getting others to come. Shame he aint here now, as I think he would be the best replacement. Will see what I can do but quite busy with university at the moment. :)

Well what can i say, i know i had a bit of a outburst last year about the way you went on but i think that you have proved me so wrong even if by only the standards of the last meet. I hope we have sorted our differences and we did speak at stadium of light the other day, anyways pal best of luck for whatever it is you do in the future

Cheers mate, yeah water under the bridge, I dont hold grudges.... Sorry i didnt get longer to chat on saturday, was a bit busy, lol

i gathered lol - hope your still gonna finish the bbq off though best of luck mate

I'm willing to help out all I can. But don't think I'd be able to give the comittment that Neil has done. Why not have more than one rep?

This seems to of died off a little. BUMP!!

Think we need to sort out a rep or things are going to become pretty quiet again regarding meets.

Iv only just read this!!! Neil i know this will have been a big decision for u as i know how much u love the msc and its NE members... but i understand completely your reasons and wish you lots of luck with future jap meets as the last was outstanding! Thanks for everthing over the past 2 years you are a really good friend now but from when i first went to the meets u made me feel really welcome!

As for a new rep... i dont think i would be able to commit enough time to b solely a rep... but if there was a joint effort with more than 1 rep then i would definatly be up for inputting my time and effort to keep the NE meets thriving!!

Well Ive just had the ok from J-Tuner to feature a massive summer show that Im now planning, so the next jap meet will be mid-end of april.

danni, I'd be happy to work with you if you wanted to become a rep. From past experience when Neil was busy it has been mainly the two of us trying to rally people together.

Why not set up a vote, for the rep(s). That way those who've been to meets and know what everyone is like in person can decide who they'd like to be involved in organising future meets.

Back