standard brakes.......

Dr Zoidberg

Ex. Club Member
how good/bad are they? the standard front discs and calipers on pre 98 non abs models.

and at what engine power should they be upgraded?

they pretty good but i would upgrade them before any engine mods even though its not totally neccesary..

got to agree there, i would pgrade them to be on the safe side nowt worse than trying to stop and not being able too.

they are pretty good as the car is light but they do suffer badly from breakfade after a decent road with lots heavy breaking.

Yep, would agree with the brake fade problem, bear in ming that all the models have the same brakes (1l-1.4) some vented 1.6 ones do the job just fine

i thought so, just i was considering my smaller wheels again so smaller brakes.

looks like i'll stick 15's and vented brakes, cheers :)

1.6 brakes should fit over steels if that is your concern

Attachments

• Picture0875.JPG
    Picture0875.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 166
ive got 1.4 sunny vented and they do the job much better than the 1.3 micra

Retepetsir said:
Craig said:
1.6 brakes should fit over steels if that is your concern

Would be good if they did :).

As I might bung the steelies back on every now and then and see what its like!

well, by "should" i mean that mine did, but don't want to get blamed if people buy 1.6 brakes and then their wheels don't fit over them :D
Were a tihght fit though...

Just need some clarification...

My M reg 1.3 has vented disc's.

By vented i assume everyone is on about the small gap between the inside and outside facing brake disc surfaces. This gap allows air to flow in the middle of the disc and seperates the disc affectively into to seperate discs.

I've never needed to upgrade the size of the brake discs on a car apart from changing my old Mini from drums to discs. I just get decent fast road pads such as EBC Green or Red Stuff depending on how hard you drive.

well there you go then, learn something new everyday....

I hope i don't have to much problem finding replacements!

if ya going to replace them you'll need to change the hubs to a uk micra's.

the jap k11 uses k10 hubs iirc so a swap for k11 uk hubs is needed then you can fit sunny or pulsar brakes or even GTi R brakes if ya wanted.

:)

1.6 sunny^^.
GTi-R brakes will only fit under 14's, as will the larger almera brakes

Back