ST Mayhem.... (for santapod)

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
With this Santa Pod apparoaching I've been flat out this week sorting out everything on the car.. I couldnt get anyone to sort my gearbox out in time, where I had taken it to said they had done what i needed but I would need to assemble it. It turned out they hadn't and I had to go back there today with the gearset and this time I did it myself using their tools (I dont have presses) I had to press off the old bearings and strip down the gear set and remove/replace all the gears and syncros and then reassemble it onto the ST layshaft, and press bearings back on. Then reassemble the box, and the selector mechanism amongst other things and now after a clutch change the box is back on the car..

Along with other things this is what I have started and need to get finished for the weekend..

Custom strut brace from cut/modified K11 item.* (+respray)
Intercooler cover modified to make room for strut brace* (+respray)

Done:
Clutch
Gearbox rebuild
Rad (respray)
Battery relocation to boot
Mirror (+spray)
Engine bay clean up
Treat tyres with 'Grip!' tyre softener. (http://www.griptyresoftener.com/)
Re-wire ignition system + fit MSD high current ignition coil (with evo ignition amp)
Strip out interiour,
Turbo cover plate
New front numberplate
Intercooler cover cut + spray
Strut brace modify + spray.

Not done:
Cold air intake (+spray)
Fit full throttle gear shift. (may still do sat morning..)
Spray supercharger bypass valves and brackets. (not enough time)
Spray water bottle bracket (not enough time)
clean inside and out of car.. (sat morning..)

+ a few other surprises... means I should in THEORY at least be looking at mid to high 13's if the car doesnt explode on the start line.....

I am going to SP this weekend quite simply to beat my old old times and increase the gap (as I like being competitive like that) on the other Micra powered Micras on in the world.. I hope to have some competition this year, so I hope to make a decent target for these other modified Micras to play against...

Pics and more info later..

Insane. Absolutely insane. The amount of work you've been doing these past few days has been staggering. It makes me tired just watching! LOL

Just to add I also want to add a full throttle gear shift switch to the clutch pedal.. Thats more on the wiring side which will have to wait untill last. I know there is more I need to do but I cant remember it right now..

Not that half the post meant anythin to me!!! :upside:

Well done mate, i'm sure all your hard work will pay off!!!! :D

Sounds crazy mate!!! Good luck in getting it all done though, sure you will as you always do lol. :p I know the feeling of rushing all to well at the moment. :)

well done ED. eveyryone is busy with their cars atm i cant wait to see some times for this year.. :D (also people with body mods! some nice looking micras aswell as fast ones))

james.you should be out there with ED doing your car!! or are you waiting for him to do it .hehehe

RIK said:
james.you should be out there with ED doing your car!! or are you waiting for him to do it .hehehe
I was. I just stripped out the interior, don't say I don't do my part :wasntme: :D

Finished for tonight.. The gearbox is now totally complete, its full of oil and the car is back on its wheels, the rad is fitted and coolent system has been filled up. The MSD coil is wired in but just needs to be finished off. The car started whoooohoooooo!!! So now its mostly cosmetic stuff that needs to be done.

It amazed me to think how many hours I have spent on this car!

Nice one Ed - looking really good. Are you changing the Intercooler to a Front mounted one? Think it would look awesome if you did :D

Will be good to see it again at Donny, and you can maybe take me out in it as still not been in it!

Titch

haha :)

Yeah, that intercooler is staying for now. I dont have the funds to change it just yet...

ST RWD would be more fun haha.

New K&N has just arrived so now that will look nice too :)

I have just picked up my fuel..

IMG_8324.jpg

The down side is it cost an utter fortune - £3.76 a litre anyone?

are you going to turn the boost up with that petrol then?

a front mount intercooler would see good gains, it cant be much good having that interheater on the top of the engine

whats youre fastest time?

I cant turn up the boost any more, as it is I freespool the turbo anyway. It will just allow me to use more agressive ignition :)

Fastest average is 14.3 fastest ever is 14.01

14.01 is really good for a fwd car ed, just shows you the power to weight working, i think my mates got around thoes times in his 245bhp silvia

Standard bluebird FWD ratios with the march ST final drive. :) The power to weight is around 250bhp/ton so yes it definately helps.still LOTS to do so back later :)

Well I wont get everything done but I've got most of the important stuff out of the way. I took it for a test drive (first time since its all back in 1 bit) and it quickly began to get too hot pulled over and the thermostat housing was leaking so i waited for it too cool and creeped home, and have sorted that now. I still have a fair amount of stuff to do but I'm going to eat now (!!) and then continue and hopefully the rain will back off (although most of it I can do indoors) Ill update the 1st page list accordingly however.

Just to add im so tired lol and now have a mad headache :( lolol

After some food and a half hour snooze (lol) I went back out and did some more spraying and finished off a few other little bits. pretty much the only suff I could not get round to doing was cosmetic, so thats not too bad. Ill get that done for Donny instead... Now just to finish a couple more things indoors and then bed to be up in not enough hours!

Ed

Well that took longer than i expected! now im off to bed zzzzzzz lol I would say what ive been upto but youll just have to wait untill the show ;)

Back