ST bypass valve (ufo)

just scaning ebay and found this..
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ECU-Chip-and-...3|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

whats your thoughts lads? anyone got any thoughts on my brakes its doing my head in now i need you guys help. cheers john:p

Not too sure on that one, so I'm not gona bother commenting on the actual product.
What i will say is that you will need to spend a bit more than that to get the st tuned properly to make more power and spend money on equipment,wideband lambda's etc and software(If taking on the mapping yourself) and if not getting a mapper to do it. . . .

To get 150hp i changed the turbo(not essential) have electronic boost control,piggy back ecu with 3-4 mapping done on it ,decat,s/s exhaust etc etc. the list goes on to keep it reliable with all the drag/track use the car gets,nismo clutch ,overkill on the brakes,overkill on servicing etc

I HAVE SORTED MY BRAKES NOW YIPPY.... i will just get ed to remap mine its easyier. im almost ready to take it to see ed now the spec of mine is as follows
hks fmic
hks plugs
2" turbo back s/s exhaust
blitz boost controller
greddy t/timer
apexi induction kit
pulsar gtir calipers
i dont know what bhp its producing but im on standard boost so looking forward to getting my new ufo on and going to see ed.

I HAVE SORTED MY BRAKES NOW YIPPY.... i will just get ed to remap mine its easyier. im almost ready to take it to see ed now the spec of mine is as follows
hks fmic
hks plugs
blitz boost controller
greddy t/timer
apexi induction kit
pulsar gtir calipers
i dont know what bhp its producing but im on standard boost so looking forward to getting my new ufo on and going to see ed.

Good stuff man ,by the way your looking after her she will probably make a few more ponies at the wheels!
Don't get it Dyno'd until the ufo is replaced as the power curve will be terrible.

And a tip ,while your waiting for the new UFO, put the old one in the oven for 15minutes at 100deg upside down and an old tray underneath to catch all the oil thats in it.Works!

how the hell did you find that out lol ??? does it really make it better?

Fcuking chanced it one day with warren's spare UFO and got tissue full of oil(Y) Try it it.warren was saying its not 100% but its better than it was

hks fmic
hks plugs
blitz boost controller
greddy t/timer
apexi induction kit
pulsar gtir calipers

Sounds like its coming along nicely, man! I'm sure Ed will be able to get all running to its full potential for ya (Y)

Haha that's good to know about the oven Baz!!

ufo

yeah its working alrite i supose but i am getting one specially made at the moment, one that can be taking apart cleaned and put back together basically unbreakable, will no how much it costs soon if it works spot on im sure i can get him to make more if anyone is interested??

ufo

well if this new ufo works aswel as its planned to you wont ever need to get another one man, i should have my one soon so ill no how well it works, i took my old one apart and there was a bit off oil clogged in it

mine has stopped working all together now i get no sc at all so its basically just a low compression engine until the turbo works then its go go time...

it did used to work but fluctuate like mad on boost gauge. but now the sc is on 0 boost all the time you can hear it all working just nothink happens until it reaches about 4500rmp then it warps as its on turbo. hope it all works out good with the ufo warren good luck.

mine has stopped working all together now i get no sc at all so its basically just a low compression engine until the turbo works then its go go time...

it did used to work but fluctuate like mad on boost gauge. but now the sc is on 0 boost all the time you can hear it all working just nothink happens until it reaches about 4500rmp then it warps as its on turbo. hope it all works out good with the ufo warren good luck.

Did you put it in the oven?
You might have two vac lines mixed up. Is the s/c making noise but no boost?

i wish you lived nearer mate could just bring it round i tell you what tomorrow i will get alot of good pics of all my vac line and see what you think ..

i was just hoping it was the ufo as it used to fluctuate the boost but after i fitted the new double layer brake servo and that master cylinder off you it does not boost at all on sc but i did have to take some vac pipes off to get the master cylinder out so maybe got 1 wronge but checked with the drawing you gave me and think its ok the pics will tell tomorrow... well i hope they will anyway. cheers baz p.s got a price in mind for the bits we talked about?

Man I'm gonna hang on to the kyb for the moment as the nismo stuff has seen better days,I might need them reconed they looks servicable.

Did you take out the inlet manifold to get the master cylinder in ?I'd say you have mixed a few pipes can easily be done

ok mate thats fine baz... i was gonna start taking pic when i spotted a hose that had fell off the side of the inlet manifold on a piece that i had taken off. anyway back to the fluctuating boost so must be the bcv valve . hope nissan pull there finger out soon.

ok mate thats fine baz... i was gonna start taking pic when i spotted a hose that had fell off the side of the inlet manifold on a piece that i had taken off. anyway back to the fluctuating boost so must be the bcv valve . hope nissan pull there finger out soon.

Its definitely that, do you have the little rescrictor in one of the pipes?Nissan may give you a new one, I got one anyway with my new bpcv

i have 2 restrictors 1 in each end of that same pipe is that normal? or should there be just 1 in there? cheers baz john

Just out of interest, are you getting boost spikes when you get up near 4k rpm, linz?? Causing a fuel cut?? Coz that's what mine's doing and I'm having no luck with getting it fixed. We went through and played around with every possible configuration with restrictors and it's still stuffed...I tried swapping bpcv but still no change...maybe both bpcvs were stuffed?? I'm seriously losing all patience with this car...it has spent more time off the road in the two years I've had it :glare:

Just out of interest, are you getting boost spikes when you get up near 4k rpm, linz?? Causing a fuel cut?? Coz that's what mine's doing and I'm having no luck with getting it fixed. We went through and played around with every possible configuration with restrictors and it's still stuffed...I tried swapping bpcv but still no change...maybe both bpcvs were stuffed?? I'm seriously losing all patience with this car...it has spent more time off the road in the two years I've had it :glare:

Try swaping the pipes on the vac tank above the bpcv

what happens with mine is when on sc weather it be 1000rmp or 4200rmp the boost is fluctuating up and down i would say about 3-4 psi then when it goes on to turbo the boost is steady.

cheers for that baz i did not think that having 2 restrictors in would make any difference either but thought pop the question to you incase it was only ment to have 1..

hey baz i tried putting the ufo in the oven today and i agree quite a bit of oil came out of it put it back on and it does go alot better on sc i would say it only fluctates about 1psi now so yes that was a great tip thanks man

thats a mad tip Baz! only thing that could get damaged inside it is that rubber diaphragm thing...

guess we proved that theory when you send me the busted one (thats still working fine in the car in every gear except flooring it in 4th gear)

thats a mad tip Baz! only thing that could get damaged inside it is that rubber diaphragm thing...

guess we proved that theory when you send me the busted one (thats still working fine in the car in every gear except flooring it in 4th gear)

You serious? I thought you would have bought a new one by now? Jammy dodger though(Y)

yeah i would if it wasn't working proper... plus gotta do a big order of parts all in one hit soon

hey baz did your ufo come from japan as nissan said they tried amsterdam and the part is not availble from there so ther trying japan on monday hope they can get 1 from there or im f****d ...

hey baz did your ufo come from japan as nissan said they tried amsterdam and the part is not availble from there so ther trying japan on monday hope they can get 1 from there or im f****d ...

Yeah it came from Japan that was 2 and half years ago though?Made a big order that time,pity I did'nt order rings when they were available

yer its a pity mate o well its the same old story. o well we will get some rings sort between im sure. hopefully nissan will say its availble on monday.

Back