sr20 TB

micras69

Deactivated Account
after skimming through raceworx blog i was thinkin of puting a sr20 TB on a spare 1.3 engine, seen that he had started it but did be compleet it?? has anyone elce done it?

a was going to use the sr20 TB, 1.6 injectors, 1.6 ecu and a HKS AFR but im unshure of the pump and the regulator? help witht that please!

anyhoo pics

Attachments

• IMG00008.jpg
    IMG00008.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG00007.jpg
    IMG00007.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG00009.jpg
    IMG00009.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 382
  • afr.gif
    afr.gif
    5.9 KB · Views: 326
after skimming through raceworx blog i was thinkin of puting a sr20 TB on a spare 1.3 engine, seen that he had started it but did be compleet it?? has anyone elce done it?

a was going to use the sr20 TB, 1.6 injectors, 1.6 ecu and a HKS AFR but im unshure of the pump and the regulator? help witht that please!

anyhoo pics

Sr20 throttle body does not have a MAF sensor, you would need to use an SR20 MAF sensor which is connected to the airbox as well to even have a chance of it working.

The standard CG throttle body and injectors are fine well beyond the stock BHP figures.

looking at those pictures i think it would be better to throq the stock inlet manifold away and mate the flange from it onto an sr20 plenum chamber with the cg13 or ga16 throttle body mounted to the end. this should get rid of the STUPID design of the stock manifold and free up some horses.. i think cisco has an sr20 style inlet plenum....

micra.com.au

yea av gessed that, just though they may have been some hidden pic lol

so wen i get round to doing it how am i going to get over the MAF hurdle
any surgestions?

yea av gessed that, just though they may have been some hidden pic lol

so wen i get round to doing it how am i going to get over the MAF hurdle
any surgestions?

Here is a picture of my SR20 engine bay, you can see the MAF sensor attached to the K&N Induction Kit.

primeragtS968JJR036-1.jpg

You will just need to install this else where between the TB and the air filter.

I still personally think an SR20 throttle body is a bad idea on a K11. The stock throttle body can cope fine for turbo applications. Changing the inlet manifold is a good idea as the stock one is crap!!

yea!!!! thanks ant and ollie! so wer going for.....sr20 plenum chamber with the cg13 or ga16 throttle body mounted to the end and i assume its not a simple bolt on job with the TB

sr20 plenum chamber with the cg13 or ga16 throttle body mounted to the end

now i'm no expert, but i guess an adapter plate could be made up to sort that out - the tough bit will be the intake manifold itself... the reason this hasn't been done more often is that the runners on the CG manifold dont mate up with the SR chamber well, if at all...

iirc Mulholland sorted this by cutting the runners back as close to the plate as possible, then welding GA runners on that allowed it to mate with the SR chamber, like so....

MulhollandCGGASRintake.jpg

that inlet manifold still looks a bit restrictive to me? is shorter the better in this case or bigger bore???

in the case of the stock inlet manifold, anything is better..lol
a plenum chamber with short runners will give you more torque and a bit more power, longer runners less torque more power...

so yeah, cut the flange off a stock manifold and weld them to an sr20 plenum chamber...have an adapter plate made up and mount the stock or even GA16 throttle body to it and bobs your uncle...

like i posted earlier cisco has done this allready (all bveit with an aftermarket/custom chamber) but not only will it be great for power and future mods but it will look awesome too...

the availability of sr20 inlet plenums, the cost of getting sombody to weld aluminium or just the time and effort.....

i think it boils down to people not actualy knowing it can be done..

i hope James (nis) is doing something simliar to this..

Ill take a pic and measurements of the plate if you want.

Setup to go with generally speaking, SR20 TB with Adapter plate using an RB25 or RB26 AFM for breathing. So get yourself and R33 AFM cheap as chips and get the plate made up and you are good to go.

Once ECU tuned etc.

From all the research I have done, no major gains really unless you are goin to have larger headers/exhaust, the SR20 TB, CAI etc and some aggresive cams.

that would be grate thanks!!!!!

sr20 inlet plenum with 1.6 TB, 1.6 injectors, 1.6 ecu and a HKS AFR but im unshure of the pump and the regulator?

is this going to work guys?

that would be grate thanks!!!!!

sr20 inlet plenum with 1.6 TB, 1.6 injectors, 1.6 ecu and a HKS AFR but im unshure of the pump and the regulator?

is this going to work guys?

a lot of hassle/expense for little gain, imo :upside: (thats why people go for quad t/b,s instead).
you may get another 10hp between 6 and 8000rpm only, great for a track car but not my idea of a daily driver :)

are you quoting that for my 1L or 1.3?

will i need to do somethink with the pump and will i need a boost valve?

your going about this the wrong way. as frank said if you want ultimate in power then you need ITB's. if however you want to lose the restriction of the stock inlet manifold then by all means continue.
this plenum chamber idea is realy for turbo / supercharged cars or thos wishing to utilise a nitrous oxide system. naturaly aspirated road use this isnt going to make a huge difference. if you have a 10:1 C/ratio and a full stainless straight through exhaust then it may well be an advantage to you.

on a 1.0. there realy isnt any point whatsoever.

your going about this the wrong way. as frank said if you want ultimate in power then you need ITB's. if however you want to lose the restriction of the stock inlet manifold then by all means continue.
this plenum chamber idea is realy for turbo / supercharged cars or thos wishing to utilise a nitrous oxide system. naturaly aspirated road use this isnt going to make a huge difference. if you have a 10:1 C/ratio and a full stainless straight through exhaust then it may well be an advantage to you.

on a 1.0. there realy isnt any point whatsoever.

im not being funny about this or anythink of the sort ant so dont take this the wrong way, but how do you know if im going about this the wrong way?
i am trying to loose the restriction in the stock inlet manifold because it is one of the things that need doing (along with many more) for wot i am doing to the engine and only a very select few people know, so please just because i have not broadcasted to the world wot im doing, please dont assume im doing pointless things to get power gains, or i would of got ITB's

but i do understand how many people just post up asking "oh can i do this and get some power" without actualy thinking..reserching and how anoying it gets for you lads with the "know how" thats why i didnt even post up asking the big question because all i would get is "do a search" so thats why im going to ask the little by little if i carnt get enuf or no infomation.

but i realy do thank everyone that has and takes the time to help!!!

Spot on and tue mate, if it works for your car mate then we can all learn from it, if not then at least you tried! Cheers.

Ive got an SR20 TB fitted to a CG manifold, We have done this for better flow in a Turbo CG13 set-up,

I can advice on fitment if you wish, but gains Naturally Aspirated are not worth having..

thanks micka mate, hope this can help a few people!

as for kristian- pelt me with it!! lol

(quote)= "We have done this for better flow in a Turbo CG13 set-up" ;)

and i stand by my post. if your going turbo, read my post again, if not then theres no point as itb's would be the sensible option. either way. my point stands.

fairenuf stand by your post, turboing and n/a aside.... isnt the engine going to benifit from this in anyway??? as you sed and i quote

"this should get rid of the STUPID design of the stock manifold" and.....
"in the case of the stock inlet manifold, anything is better..lol"

so by you saying this, says to me it needs to be better am i wrong? because if something can be improved on my engine im going to do it regardles!!! after all isnt that the whole point modding and tuneing?

yes. but doing this and expecting alot from it is pointless.. but as you said, i dont know what else your going to do. my post wasnt just directed at you after all this is a public forum viewable by hundreds of people i would have thought that misleading people by saying this will increase hp significantly would be wrong.

however as a basis for future modifications this is one of the milestones that needs to be overcome for BIG bhp engines (ie 140bhp upwards na or 160+ turbo) as ED and Frank will attest the stock manifold is such a bad design it can be improved uppon so easily, but it wont make a huge difference for your average joe.

ant...sorry mate looking back through the post i did take it a bit personal, my bad!!!
anyways if people want to do this i say go for it, that little somethink can go along way, its one step foward in the right direction to an improved engine turbo or n/a
also will you be doing this for ur turbo setup ant?

crumpets & kristian if you can get some pics nd let me know of them measurements thanks!

its ok bud.

naah, ive got alot to think about before changing the manifold.
pistons, rods, exhaust, mapping, respray, new engine build, get a job, clean the car etc etc.

im not going for all out power, just nicely meaty.

sounds good hope all goes to plan!!!

as for cleaning the car....you should have a sponcerd "wash my car" wet t-shirt comp with women in bikinis :grinning::grinning::grinning:

Back