SR swap for 1k?!

D

dlongmu

OK, ive been into cars for a long time, had a fair share of performance jap wagons, and though i know everything im happy with about engine conversions im too chicken to get started myself... ok heres the story, i have a Super S which needs a bit of backend work to bring to former glory, but the front ends all good, and has had the crossmember welded up etc. so nice and strong...
now, i have a CRX 16v, which i could sell for near a grand... for 1k could i realistically get an SR20de and get someone to fit it and wire it up for me?! who could i approach?
Thanks
Dave

most garages will say no to an engine conversion project and the ones that will do it will charg plenty of £££'s so its allways gong to be hard,

looking at projects on the msc and sites like it i think 1k is about right for you to do it yourself from start to finish.things like driveshafts will take up a LOT of the 1k

ill let raceworx and lil bandit tell you the rest,cos i just played at it tbh

No chance for 1K if you want done my garage (if can find on) and to do it proper yourself it'll still cost over, I'm sure Raceworx spent 5 times that.

1k could easily do a top 1.6 though, a few experienced people here and am sure the guy who did Nex's (j.a.kelly's old micra) lives Scotland way.

goldstar0011 said:
No chance for 1K if you want done my garage (if can find on) and to do it proper yourself it'll still cost over, I'm sure Raceworx spent 5 times that.

1k could easily do a top 1.6 though, a few experienced people here and am sure the guy who did Nex's (j.a.kelly's old micra) lives Scotland way.

really?! man thats crazy...... shame, i had a ZX sunny which couldve had a CA18det for about 600 quid finished .... and my current CRX could get a B18c4 or B16a swap done for 500-600 quid.. seems silly spending 1k on a VERY underpowered 1.6 engine :S .... hmmmm.... i just hate the idea of having a nice looking micra which cant move :p :laugh:

dlongmu said:
really?! man thats crazy...... shame, i had a ZX sunny which couldve had a CA18det for about 600 quid finished .... and my current CRX could get a B18c4 or B16a swap done for 500-600 quid.. seems silly spending 1k on a VERY underpowered 1.6 engine :S .... hmmmm.... i just hate the idea of having a nice looking micra which cant move :p :laugh:

the ga16 isnt under powerd :) i put one in my k11 for 500 quid including the price of the engine.

raceworx didnt hold back on anything on his SR20 thats why it cost 5k,it had everything done to it..you could fit an sr20 into a k11 on a shoe string like my ga16 project if you wanted

its because its totally different mounts, wiring loom, everthing really. And its a rather tight squeeze. I would reccomend at least 3.5k to get started. Im sure nismo almera paied about £4k for his SR20 into the K11.

RIK said:
the ga16 isnt under powerd :) i put one in my k11 for 500 quid including the price of the engine.

raceworx didnt hold back on anything on his SR20 thats why it cost 5k,it had everything done to it..you could fit an sr20 into a k11 on a shoe string like my ga16 project if you wanted

lol if its any less than 130bhp its underpowered :laugh: :blush:
if its so much to stick an SR into the micra then i prob wont bother selling the crx to fund it, i kinda hoped it wouldnt be so expensive... :doh:
i love the looks of the micra, and if it was nearly as quick as a type R id be happy enuff but for more than 1k i couldnt really justify it .... but if it can be done, please let me know :grinning:

dlongmu said:
lol if its any less than 130bhp its underpowered :laugh: :blush:

guessing your basing this on vvl and vtec engines? i wouldn't say its underpowered as long as it had enough torque ;)

Back