SR micra info if anyone has any knowledge?

Hey there lads so im looking at an ole sr micra your man doesnt know the engine size and well i dont want to make the travel for it to be a replica now i already know that the vin will have SR in it ... but are the deffo a 1.3 litre engine or is it just there a sporty model micra just trims if anyone could help me out there would be much appreciated

Sent from my SM-G920F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Hey there lads so im looking at an ole sr micra your man doesnt know the engine size and well i dont want to make the travel for it to be a replica now i already know that the vin will have SR in it ... but are the deffo a 1.3 litre engine or is it just there a sporty model micra just trims if anyone could help me out there would be much appreciated

1.3 engine spoiler better seats rev clocks etc

Sent from my SM-N910F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Ah that okay so it the super s just of a newer bits so she be worth it but i have no intention paying much for it as they have probably rallied the thing about ye know so what would be the lowest but half decent offer considering he wants 200 for it .. not tax or test

Ah that okay so it the super s just of a newer bits so she be worth it but i have no intention paying much for it as they have probably rallied the thing about ye know so what would be the lowest but half decent offer considering he wants 200 for it .. not tax or test

Just check main bits for rust like sills front cross member jacking points rear axle etc them the main things to look out for you don't want to end up with a rust bucket

Sent from my SM-N910F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

The 1997 SR is the newer version of the Super S like super11 said the main corrosion problem areas are the side sills especially the rears due to the sun roof drainage hoses feeding water into them. The front cross member especially the welds in the corners and underneath, the rear wheel arches and the box void behind and below the rear light clusters can be a nightmare. But if she is a good one without too many problems the SR is a classic pre-facelift and fairly sought after if it has rear disc brakes like mine! B-)
1484579867039.jpg

Thanks for the help lads just to go look at the thing now he says it sr but i dunno he hasnt a clue just a micra to him hhaha God bless his soul but even if she was a replica 200 would be bad and she has sr alloys and wrap round spoiler and nice paint work so maybe a project but have one already so i dunno what to be doing

Yes the SR, I had 2, now sadly have one, is pretty much just trims, rev counter, driving lights (best lights I have had on any car to date) , and a spoiler. It wont go any faster than any other 1.3LX etc....I'm surprised people bother making a replica! The logbook should say Micra SR. It looks really nice with moulded colour coded trim and bumpers....There are about 150 left on last count....It should be a proper classic in my opinion, but mildly biased. Fit on some 195's 15's for endless bend pleasure. If you google it, you can find a PDF of the 97 Nissan Micra model catalogue which will have the SR and all the relevent specs you need.....another member may have a link to this. Good luck with the SR, Oh, insurance is slightly higher being an SR, and be prepared to spend on it for usual things like belts, exhaust, sills maybe. You may want to go for a 2002' ish K11 Sport + as you will get similar specs, more safety and probably a longer lasting car to be fair, all depends how much you wanna spend on it.

Last edited:
Back