Squeaky windscreen wipers

Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone else with a K11 suffered a problem of very loud intermittant windscreen wipers?

my squeak has reappeared after i couldn't suss the root of the problem about 2/3 years ago and got my motors replaced for £25 each!!

Regards.

this happens on the primeras - its the linkages that dry up and make a squeek noise... a temp cure is WD40 over the joints or grease...
proper fix is to replace them

oh right, nice one Splank. the only problem is, I can't see where I can get to the joints o_O

Is the round base of the wiper the place to spray some wd40 etc?

is it actually the screen that makes it squeek or is it the actually wipers themselves?

if it is the screen then i think i remember a topic a few months ago and u just needed good screen wash..

if it is the wipers themselves, then someone else will have to help you! lol

i have the same problem. drive me mad.

anyway the garages i went to, all told me different things, including nissan.

Personally i dont think its the motor, on yours but the bushes. Spray some wd40 on all the joints etc and a good remover or screen wash on the windscreen, this may help. although i have already done this, it helpped but still the problem exists.

the best thing u can probable do is replace most of it, get it from the scrappy. i should be doing mine this week, so will let u know if its not that.

Same problem i had with my sr, tried everything to solve the problem, my problem ended up being the actuall windscreen itself, got some glass cleaner from halfords, cleaned the window 2/3 times, all was fine after that MTB:].

Cheers for the responses guys, I don't know what course of action to take :( I don't think in my case it'll be the screen as I've had both motors replaced in the past which I remember completely fixed the problem.

I didn't actually realise that the black tops of the pivot can be pulled off though before reading this thread :blush: so I will try severely WD40ing those too...

btw all i've tested it and the only wiper that is squeaky is the drivers side!! :suspect: would be interesting to see if anyone else had the same?!

i m8 just the drivers side in mine, as i said i did wd the arms and cleaned the window, problem solved m8 hopfully, MTB

Well last night I took the caps off, WDd it and it did help, I lifted the driver side one up and got no squeak at all, then put it to the window and there *was* a tiny squeak :eek: the wipers are out to get me I tell you!!!!!

If it's the pivots on the linkages, go for grease, as they get soaking wet all of the time, and are open to the air. WD40 is so light that it just wears off anything with pressure, and it washes away with water pretty well. If it's where the linkage comes through the bodywork, use 3 in 1 or something that'll at least get into the gaps and then stay for a bit.

A bit of washing up liquid when you wash the screen seems to stop the blades squeeking as much.

Back