squeaking noise from engine

No its real sudden like the minte i take my foot off only when tge car is high revving it makes the noise or when i down shift think its back engine mount

Yeah if it's a sudden noise, especially when you lift off i'd say it's a mounting. Could either be a knackered engine or gearbox mount. Mine did that and after I changed them the noise went

Could be mice?
Just check the belts on the alt etc and not slipping, squirt a small amount of wd40 on them and see if it goes, if it does check the tension

Is it just one squeak?
Try lubing the rubbers in the engine mount it wont stop it for ever but may help you pin point the noise.
These issues can drive you mad and often its something simple that is obvious but we cant always see it, let us know what you find.
If its any consolation mine suffers from the dreaded heat shield rattle, I will cure it soon

Cheers pal im gonna wd40 everything till i find the issue but nearly 100% sure its the rear engine mount im pretty sure its on it since factory as the car on has 70,000 miles on it ha i removed my heat sheld along time ago ha

I have exactly the same, I've learnt to drive it so I can't hear it :) Come into a bit of cash so might actually get it fixed, let me know if it was the mount. Frank shoves rubber fillets in his mounts.

Took mine to an indie garage today, they reckon it's the front engine mount near the radiator, there's a lot of play on it, almost like a elastic band. He's sourcing a part this afternoon and hopefully putting it on, will let you know what happens. The other mounts seemed fine, just the most frontal one was perished.

Right, front new mount was installed yet it didn't fix it.

Under the rear mount there is a support bar I think, my squeaking was coming from that being slightly undone, riding on that. It's a 14mm bolt. No more squeaking in reverse!

Right lads really need help took the rear engine mount off but my new one seems to be wider and the hole is not dead center help please .

Attachments

• 1380888196125.jpg
    1380888196125.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 279
The old mount forms a small arrow if you look at your first picture thats where your offset hole wants to be
You can cut the width down once it's in

When I changed my engine mount I noticed it was a different shape to a uk micras one so I ended up having to modify/custom make the mounting to fit

Well got the mount in and the noise has stopped

But now the car is would viberate a house down will this eventually die down a bit as i did not know it was gonna be this bad cheers lads

Back