Spraying interior - dash removal help

B

Ben

Ok. Well im gonna colour code the interior soon, thinking of doing something simlar to (Jaxx i think his name is) with the gold and black. Gonna retrim the door cards in black leather. Only probelm is i need to know how hard it is to remove the dash so that i can spray it. Would anyone be willing to do a tutorial on removal of the dashboard for me???

Also is it

1. Sand
2. Prime
3. Paint
4. Lacquer

Also, does anyone know roughly how much i will be looking at on materials??? and how much paint etc i will need???

Any help greatly appreciated

I would also like to know how you go about removing the dash :blush:

I've managed to take out and spray my centre console, gear and handbrake surround, that was pretty easy, apart from the fact i damaged my cigarette lighter whilst trying to remove it from centre console lol

Lee

i bet ANY one if they can remove the dash without

a) dropping/removing the steering wheel
b) removing the passenger seat

lol

other than that.

i recommend that these be implemented. the second not to bad if you do the first. lol

for tose that dont know a mate bet me to remove a k11 dash without doing either of these.
i did so. but at the cost of the windscreen :p

ill leave the guide to the k11 peeps though :p

Right it's a bitch to do, but if its done right then it should come off easy enough! Would take pics for you mate, but its a bit wet today!
Anyway. First take off the steering wheel, if you've an airbag disconnect the battery before you do anything and be mega careful with the airbag unit. Put it somewhere well outta the way.
Now, as Wayne says take out the passenger seat and i would also say take out the drivers seat to as it makes it a good bit easier to move.
So start with the basics such as the dash and the center consle. These are the easy bits to take out.
Put these bits outta the way and the in the footweld, pull back the rubber strip that runs along the door sill.
Now follow this right up to the dash and then pull it all off. Now there should be two screws that are holding on the dash at the side, take them out and then do the same on the passenger side.
Not ventured ,uch futher that this mate, but i think that there aint that much else holding it on, only a few where the main center console was.
Hope thats of some help
Titch

I had my dash off to fix a leak, and to fit my alarm system.

It's not actually that difficult - just take your time and read the Haynes manual.

Its tricky but we did it with G's. Just undo all the screws then it kinda lifts out towards the windscreen with a little difficulty. :)

yeah a haynes manual is a must and then for materials i'd say between £40-£70 on paint and paper.

Back