spray gun technique

59 bhp is more than enough

Deactivated Account
hey

ive just started to spray with a gun and finding it mush easier, however i cant seem to stop orange peel and i dont mean just a bit, its quite apparent. Is it anything to do with the air or paint adjustments on the gun? or is it just because im not wet sanding enough on the paint coat or is it something to do with my technique? i dont arc the gun and keep it as lateral as possible.

Humm...i do abit of spraying at work but i dont really 'Set it up' ill ask my boss for you tomorrow what he uses...a guy came in work with the same prob you have and he sorted it out for him :D

Im taking up compressor and gun spraying soon so.. 59BHP please post up what newbie advice you can mate.. inc what gear ur using and results your getting..

cheers mate..

Lol Arghh i forgot to add the pic o_O

Attachments

• ScOOt.JPG
    ScOOt.JPG
    435.7 KB · Views: 223
well i had a tiny compressor laying about so me and a mate when halfs on a spray gun of ebay, nothin special and pretty cheap but tis just for practice really. my advice is to make sure all your air pressure and pattern of the spray is set, stick up some newspaper on your garage wall and you will get it right with a little messing about. everythin else is jsut like with cans. unless anyone else has something to add?

Can you take a close photo of the problem for us to see? I have done a fair bit of spray stuff and until I can see I cant comment!

moisture.....

usualy the problem with orange peel.....

theres many causes.

could be greasey surface, using a celulose paint ontop of an acrylic (most paint is now acrylic or Nitro-Celulose (dont get em mixed up tho)

most common cause tho is the gun set to spray too heavily.... use a higher preasure or a finer spray..... but again, check your paint types...

Bob on Antony ;) Ive asked my boss for you and he said use only 2pac Paint and make sure you have your gun clean and set up right...As antony said and you should be just fine.

The guy who did my scoot was having problems because he was using Celulose paint...But after he went to 2pac he had no probs. If you use celulose paint with acrylic he said it crazes? aint a clue what he means but...hay hes the boss :D

Ed there is no prob with it because after he naffed it up he asked my boss what the problem was then he started it again :D

Back