Spoke too soon!

CocoPops

Ex. Club Member
That's right, I'm sat at home waiting for another RAC truck to come and take my car to the dealership!!

Same fault as last time, won't start.

This time I'm gonna recommend they change the ecu like they should have done last time!

I drove it for a day and half (200 miles) and then went to start it this morning and it was no go.

Got a 1.2 S now :(

where do you live if you dont like the service you are getting from the dealer complain to nissan customer services and/or take the car to a different dealer

Fordy, it's not so much the dealer at fault, it's the car.

They've done "almost" as much as they can do I guess, but to have the same fault occur within a week (6weeks into ownership) is not good.

I'm thinking of the problem I had on mine either the BCM chip or the ignition switch.

I had the problem of sometimes the car would not start but after a few turns of the key the engine would come on, this went on for a couple of months when I came out of my work on the hottest day of the year in edinburgh and turned it over nothing, turned the key a few times, still nothing. Called out my friends at the RAC who know the car very well and towed it to Nissan.

Turns out it was a faulty ignition switch.

Might not be the same problem but I hope your car gets fixed .

I'm in the same boat about your garage they do their best for you even when it is the car but I have since fallen out with the garage and would not recommend them for buying a car. For the next service I have to take it 25 miles away to another Nissan Dealer to maintain the full Nissan Service History.

Car is still there, still no sign of it being fixed :(

Spoke to Nissan Customer Service, just to try and get the compensation wheels in motion.

So far it looks like some kind of fault within part of the wiring loom :( as it keeps blowing fuses in various places.

alryte it sounds like u gto anew car, am i wrong plz say if i am? i had aa new 52 plate twister micra took it bk so many times i lost imes i took it back to dealer in the end there response is a car is a car it will have problems...

1.3siboy said:
alryte it sounds like u gto anew car, am i wrong plz say if i am? i had aa new 52 plate twister micra took it bk so many times i lost imes i took it back to dealer in the end there response is a car is a car it will have problems...

that is actually spot on mate,,,:)

can people stop saying its renaults fault lol

Yup, you guessed it....

Still there :(

Just worked out...
Car is 50days old and has spent 11days broken/in the dealership so far (22% of it's life).

to be honest the micras are having alot of problems at the moment like to name a few, starter motors blowing the BIG 250Amp main battery fuse and oil leaks to prevent the engine rusting ;) (thanks go to renault for that) also the ignition barrels get stiff even on the i-key ones, the rear wiper turns on and off by its self, and windows rattle there tits off when half way down, the top dash part on the first k12s used to lift up in the heat, diesel k12 just randomly stoping and not starting again, bearings going in the alterantor on the diesels and lots more everyday

i take it they cant keep replacing and fixing them,so new parts are being put on????

Well, apparently it's now fixed.

They are testing over the weekend and all being well, I collect it monday.

Suffice to say, I shall be checking it with a fine tooth comb!

Yeah, I have it back :)

Had it back since Monday.

Have also had a letter of apology that it shouldn't have happened etc.

Back