Speedo recalibration?

Hi all,
I am considering replacing my standard 13" wheels on my K11 (1996) to aftermarket 15"s. However, I understand that doing this can throw the speedo out - and I don't wanna get caught by any Gatsos when I think i am on the limit but am actually a few mph over. Do you know if this change will make any difference to the speedo accuracy? Also, do you know of anybody in the South-West who would do the work? I am not sure if Nissan would be able to do it. Cheers

going from 13's to 15's is ok... aslong as u use a low profile tyre, on the 15" wheel. :) they should roughly be the same size... may only knock ur speedo out by a couple :D

after fitting the 15" wheels your speed wont read as high as it did before, but it will actually be closer and more accruate to your real speed than when you had 13" wheels on, as the standard speedo over reads your speed. so what i'm actually saying is dont worry about it. with 15" tyres with 175/55 - 195/45 (reccomended) or 195/50 tyres if your speedo says 60mph you wont be doing more than a real 60mph.

I wouldnt worry about it too much, like the others have said speedo's are designed to over read your speed and if your choosing some 15-inch alloys chances are you'l be fitting a lower profile tyre which will help you there too.

just to give my opinion though if your keeping you engine as a 1.0 i wouldnt bother getting 15" wheel. get some nice 13" or 14" alloys if you want nicer wheels. and get decent tyres.

Back