Speedo kaput.

Can anyone help me out on this one?. On the way to work yesterday my speedo decided it has had enough, and stopped working. Me thinks it's just the cable letting go, how hard is it to fit a new cable?. And where would the best place be to buy a new one?. Has anyone done one of these before and are they expensive to buy?..........thanks in advance Leigh.

Thread moved

Maybe the old one has just come loose? Check the gearbox end and behind the dials and maybe one end has just popped off.

If you've got a later K11, it might be an electrical problem as the speedo is controlled by the ECU!

Cant really do much more than what Arnold has said, the cable goes from the rear of the gearbox to the back of the dials. Check to see if it has not moved out of place. Can't imagine it being too difficult to change one of these, any motor spares place should be able to get one. It may not be the cable though, it may be one of the connections, either the gearbox or dial end.

if it is a '98> then it will probably be the electric drive unit in the box. the cog melted off the end of mine.

Back