Speedo is not working.... Please help!

Hi there,
My speedo is not working because mph is not reading so I tried to fix it today.

I swapped original mph unit into sr mph unit so it's not working. I tried to bend on both mph units' needles so it's not working. I checked with these fuses so it's ok. I think my car got faulty speedo cable. What do you reckon?

Please help... I need to do it ASAP today cos I work everyday. I took a day off today so I need to do it by today.

Thanks
Jk

You could take the speedo cable off and see if it spins when you drive, of it doesnt then it's the cable or speedo mechanism on the gbox

Or take the speedo mechanism off the gbox and get someone to spin it and see it the cable spins on the other end.

i took a day off today again. yesterday, i went to my family friend's funeral so i don't have a time to do it. right now, i am trying to fix this up. i took a spin around so the cable is not spinning while i drive. i put my finger in so i feel like bounce in and out. is it going to be cable faulty?

it was happen after i put clutch adjustment a bit loose.

It may be or the speedo mechanism on the gbox. Swap over from another micra and see if it works. Both speedo mechanism and cable. :)

mph wasn't working before so it fixed now. speedo cable was snapped so it was replaced with another second hand speedo cable. thanks to sulur and it was good communication with you too. :)

Back