Speedo Clocks Mod (2)

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
I know this isnt the first time i've tried this but think i've cracked it this time (providing the leds last longer then 5 minutes!)

Using 4 of these: http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/ultimate....html?osCsid=af668556755b12d4f313a9edd5115872

I have managed to make:

23092009062.jpg

And the photo really does not do it justice at all. The white on the temp gauge is the camera, the colour spread is perfect (no hot-spots and all the same blue-color) and it is very very bright (which is not good for some people as it irritates/dazzles them) but I thought it looked spot on so just sharing my findings! :grinning:

(I know the leds in the link are xenon white but for some reason they actually give a nice blue colour)

- forgot to add these leds are really really tiny, so unlike most other speed-leds they actually fit in the socket perfectly and are not too tall

They look blue cos the clocks have a blue filter in to make normal bulbs seem white

They seem somewhat overpriced... I got mine from crazyleds and they also lasted forever, were a bit cheaper iirc. Looked great in my pre-facelift clocks too

hey they look nice would these bulbs just fit in the back same as my ones here:
MetallicBlue2_800x600.jpg

would be good to know in future like.

They look blue cos the clocks have a blue filter in to make normal bulbs seem white

They seem somewhat overpriced... I got mine from crazyleds and they also lasted forever, were a bit cheaper iirc. Looked great in my pre-facelift clocks too

what colour did you go for? do you get a set ov eight? any picstures?

Does the k11 pre face lift model have a rev gauge or can they fit? If some models do would the wording loom have the wiilres for the revs or would I need to add them?

Does the k11 pre face lift model have a rev gauge or can they fit? If some models do would the wording loom have the wiilres for the revs or would I need to add them?

yes they do fit and work, you may have to take an extra wire to the dizzy. theres a guide in the guide section.

Back