Speed sensor code P0500

Nothing at all. Just the engine management light is on so put it onto the code finder and came up P0500 which is the speed sensor. But car feels fine and speedo working fine

Hav
Nothing at all. Just the engine management light is on so put it onto the code finder and came up P0500 which is the speed sensor. But car feels fine and speedo working fine
Have same issue,. Have rest ECU and it stays off when I drive the car, but if mum is driving it comes on (on one section of road usually trigger it otherwise it's random.)

Having found a small snippet of information that the code could be emitions related though it best to try and capture what is happening when it throws the code. To see if there is something I'm missing.

Because of the possibility it may be emotions im reluctant to replace sensor, as when I have driven it I can't get it to thow the code. Especially with e5 and e10 fuel being less efficient, it made me wonder if mapping under certain circumstances may have been the cause, so wanted to log what is happening when code is thrown up.

I have taken a log of ECU via obd, and can't see any reason for it to trigger engine light.(unable to get a freeze frame as mil disabled)

The only thing is I'm not seeing any speed data over obd, (pid remains at 0).

Is this common for this model (k11 Micra 03 plate manual transmission) not to give this pid. (In past have seen this on other vehicles where they don't provide speed reading and nothing wrong with the vehicle)

Back