component speakers

superls

K10 Tuner
hi im looking at upgraging my front door speakes in my K10 with some component speakers,

there are so many out there i was wondering if anyone could recomend a good set,

i want them 4inch so they will fit straight in.

i have been looking at those 4 inch fusion components what do u reckon?

also weres the cheapest place to get them from?

Trouble with standard fronts is i think they give you about 30W RMS, is that right? I put custom baffles on the front of my car, giving me nearly double that per speaker! They sound pretty good, but are dominated by the rest of the system.

my standard fronts are clarion 8 watts,

i was looking ad reading about those vibe slick 40'so, they seem pretty good wot do u reckon

I've heard vibe are crap, just base and not really that clear. For fronts, you'd ideally want mid range or top end sound. You could always get some components?

initially thats wot i was after components, i was looking at those fusion components, but i was wanting a review on them,

wot do u reckon to vibe subs aswell

if anyones interested ive just this minute bought a vibe cbr10 sub and amp, a vibe blackbox 2 and some 4 inch vibe components, shoulb be here by end of week and fitted at weekend

my standard fronts are clarion 8 watts,

Just realised this bit. By standard fronts, i was referring to standard size speakers the car can take, not the wattage.

Again, vibe subs are known for just base, not sound quality. They'l make alot of noise but that's about it! If that's what your after then they'l be fine, but there not my cup of tea

ive heared 1 in a mates car and it sounded alrite, like ya say lots of base, but u can turn it down, if i had unlimited money then i probs wunt have bought it but for what i paid for it i recon it was cheap, thats the main reason i bought it.

i could still sell it and make money on it if i dont like it.

^Excellent choice. You won't be disappointed with those but to get the most out of them you need to amp them! The juice sets them loose!!

if it of any help i may offer to make up baffles for people's doors in the near future, however i would need a group buy on this to cover the sheet of mdf needed

Not at the mo. sorry. Why'd you want pics anyway? ideas of where to install? or how install looks like? There are quite a few 'my install' threads here with pics.

ps. Mike.. sounds good!!

The infinity 6510s need spacing! Get 6010 instead, as the specs are the same just not as deep.
You can find these at car audio security.
I purchased some 6510s and wound up using washers to space it by 6mm approx. They are a definate improvement on stock speakers though.

I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Back