Speaker/Power Wiring Loom

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Can someone please give me a run down on what colours are what for the 95 Super S stereo loom?

Ive also got a new stereo thats got 12v+, Power antenna, Memory Saver, and Negative lead. I know about the + and -, but whats with the power antenna and memory? Do i stick them onto the 12v+?

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
power antenna - dont worry about it.

You can use that as a signal wire for an amp in the future...

Basically the existing radio will have a constant 12v power wire (otherwise known as the memory wire) and another 12v power known as ACC. You can find this with a multimeter and turning the ignition on, and the ACC wire will come alive.

Black is the ground - this can be connected up to the original ground, but it may not be good enough for the new stereo so it usually pays off to ground it somewhere else.

There will also be an illumination wire (dont have to worry too much about this though)

And then there are speaker wires. I'd help you more if i knew what colours they are, but i dont, so i'll end it here.

CMF_white_micra

» CMF Member
Will be able to tell you next week if you haven't had a good reply (install on sat) provided the wiring loom is the same for 97 model (I'll take note of plug position in case they changed wire colours). Im using trial and error, grounding to metal section under dash just to be sure its done properly.

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
To find a speaker use a battery.

A simple AA battery will do

You put one wire on the +/- of the battery and then touch all the other wires to the other pole of the battery... When you hear clicking from a speaker thats it...

In your case, because the wires are different just try this with all the different wires

Seano

CMF_white_micra

» CMF Member
here's a run down on a lx build date mid 96

___ ___ ___ ___ ___
|_1_|_2_|_3_|_4_|_5_|
|_6_|___|___|_7_|_8_|

1 Blue/black stripe-accessories/ign on (non constant power)
2 Red/blue stripe-?
3 Red/Black stripe-Constant power (for memory wire)
4 Brown and 7 Black/Red stripe-RH speaker
5 Blue and 8 Black/White stripe-LH speaker
6 Black-should be negative/ground(I wired to dash bracket)

I dont know which speakers wires are positive and negative but if you have quality aftermarket speakers you will probaly want to find out. I didn't worry about it on factory speakers.

There is also a second scoth plug on original loom you wont need this for your average install.

These are notes based on recent experience and are intended to be used as a guide only. The cheapo sony that went in works great. If anyone has antying to add (or subtract) please do

Back