speaker help for a 1989 micra?

Hi there,
The speaker broke in my 1989 micra so I went to Halfords and purchased a pair of speakers and then after going in for a fitting today they told me that nothing in their stores would fit due to there not being enough space. I was wondering if anyone here could help me as I am in desperate need of speakers. I know nothing about cars and just want to find the quickest solution to my problem.

Thanks in advance,
Niall

You should be able to fit pretty much all 13cm speakers into the doors without a problem.

The Fli 5"/13cm one will fit in ----best for sounds, price, fitting ;)

Not all 5"/13cm will as the mounting depth on the vibe slicks hit the windows on some!!

Attachments

• FLI_INTEGRATOR5.jpg
    FLI_INTEGRATOR5.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 211
The Fli 5"/13cm one will fit in ----best for sounds, price, fitting ;)

Not all 5"/13cm will as the mounting depth on the vibe slicks hit the windows on some!!

Cheers, the guy at halfords said something about there not being space because of the window. Where can I purchase those speakers and do you know where the best place to get them fitted and roughly for how much? Sorry, but like I said I know absoloutely nothing about cars!!

Don't buy vibes then :p Kenwood, Pioneer and the majority of other speakers will go straight in fine.

Halfords will charge about £40 an hour to fit them, which is a rip off, but if you dont know anyone that could do it, like a friend then halfords will do it, but probably not that well, might be better off going to a local audio shop, as i dont know where you live i cant comment...lol

check the mounting depth isnt over 50mm and your be fine :)

halfords dont know much, i got the fusion components form there(yes i know there crap before anyone says), just screwed them striaght into the door card. plenty of room.

it was good of nissan to mark on the back of the door cards for where to cut for speakers.

i have 17cm in mine, being fli the mounting depth is small enoth, just somes time have to rescrew the door speakers back on, as there not screwed to metal and you have to slam my door , but there been on there for about a month and still sercure in place, i also think the metal hold it being a big magenet.

getting spacers are usally good, had to use the ones on my old speakers, as the hole wasnt wide enoth to sit in comfablty.

i have used long screws, so mine distance is fixed on to door plate, and speaker is on the mdf with small screws...so i can change the speakers without removing the distance and have no problems and no need for "rescrewing" :) BTW hole in the doors is wide enough to put almost every 16cm speaker in it (i mean every magnet will pass in it, speaker is on the distance....i didnt measure it but i think hole is minimum 10cm wide..or even more...& i dont know 16cm speakers who had a bigger magnet than the hole

The only modification i had to do to fit mine was to drill a hole for the self tappers that hold the speaker in to go into. (Drill bit should be the width of the shank of the self tapper, not the entire thread width.)

Back